You must have used curry patta to add aroma and flavor to desi dishes like biryani or qormas. But, do you know there are numerous Kari patta benefits for health as well? From preventing hair fall to lowering cholesterol, they can keep you away from many health conditions. Let’s check out some of the great curry leaves benefits in this health blog.
Kari Patta vs. Tez Patta
Despite having some similar properties, Kari patta and tez patta are actually different from one another. Kari patta is also called curry leaves in English, while tez patta is known as bay leaves. Some differences between Kari patta and tez patta are:
- Kari patta is usually sold fresh, while tez patta is sold in dry form
- Kari patta is smaller in size (2-4 cm in length), and tez patta is larger (7-10cm length)
- Karri patta is more shiny, thin, and glossier than tez patta
5 Amazing Curry Leaves Benefits
Some of the amazing Kari patta benefits have been listed below, so keep on reading:
1. Reduce Risk of Heart Disease
Curry leaves or Kari patta are high in antioxidants, and these compounds lower oxidative stress and remove free radicals from our body which eventually reduces the risk of heart disease. A study on curry leaves has also found that they help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in animals and might affect humans. Considering high cholesterol levels are the main reason for heart disease in many people around the world, consuming curry leaves can be helpful.
2. Kari patta Benefits for Hair
Karri patta is known for its fantastic benefits for hair. Research on curry leaves suggests that they have 3.1 Mg/100 G of iron which is great for hair. Moreover, the antioxidants and proteins in Kari patta strengthen hair follicles and prevent breakage and hair fall traditionally curry leaves are added to hair oils like coconut or olive oil. The oil is then applied to achieve shine and beautiful hair. Some curry leaves benefits for hair include:
- They remove pollution from hair and restore its shine and texture
- The vitamins in curry leaves can prevent premature greying of hair
- Benefits of curry leave boiled water are great for frizzy hair as it helps smoothen your hair
- Curry leaves also prevent dryness in hair and promote hair growth
- They strengthen the hair roots and repair damaged and dull hair
3. Curry Leaves Benefits for Skin Whitening
Many people use curry leaves paste mixed in yogurt and apply it to their face for skin whitening. Kari patta is high in antioxidants and has many vitamins and minerals that are great for your skin. Moreover, their anti-microbial properties prevent acne and pimple formation by keeping away bacteria from the face. You can use curry leaves to achieve healthy and fresh-looking skin in days.
4. Curry Leaves Benefits for Uterus
There are some claims that Kari patta is good for increasing fertility in women, and their water is used by women who want to conceive. Curry leaves also contain folic acid, which should be present in the diet of every woman of childbearing age.
5. Detoxify Liver
There is also curry leaves benefits for the liver because they are high in antioxidants and remove toxins from the liver. They are anti-inflammatory and protect the liver from oxidative stress, damage, and infections.
Other Benefits of Curry Leaves
A few other benefits of curry leaves for health include:
- Help in weight loss
- Prevent anemia
- Improve blood circulation in the body
- Good for eyesight
- Remove bacteria from the body
- Boost digestion of food
Kari Patta Side Effects
There are curry leaves benefits and side effects as well, especially if they are consumed in large amounts. Some of the side effects of Kari patta are:
- Allergies: Some people can be allergic to curry leaves. If you feel any irritation after using them, then stop use.
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women: Pregnant women and mothers feeding their children should consult their doctor before consuming curry leaves as they might cause problems.
Curry leaves are small, thin, and glossy leaves that provide numerous benefits for health. They are used in traditional dishes like biryani to add flavor and aroma. And they are also rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that boost your health. Some Kari patta benefits include preventing hair fall, liver damage, increasing fertility, and reducing cholesterol levels. However, you should talk to your doctor before trying them if you have a disease or health condition.
To get the best advice about weight loss and diet consult with the Nutritionists listed on Marham. Book an appointment now, to answer all your queries. You can book an appointment with the top Nutritionists in Pakistan through Marham by calling at Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or by online booking facility through the website or Marham mobile app.
Can’t Find The App?
Drop a review for us at play store if you’ve had a good experience!
Stay Home. Stay Safe!
1. What happens if you eat curry leaves every day?
Eating curry leaves every day can help in weight loss, prevent anemia, and remove toxins from the liver.
2. What are the side effects of curry leaves?
You can be allergic to curry leaves, and they might not be safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
3. How many curry leaves should we eat daily?
You can add 2-3 curry leaves to your food daily.