Synflex contains naproxen and is a pain-relieving medicine that belongs to the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) drug class. Synflex is an FDA-approved prescription drug used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, menstrual pain, gout, and certain other inflammatory conditions.
Synflex Tablet Details and Price in Pakistan
All the details about Synflex tablets have been listed in the table below:
|Drug Class||NSAID (pain analgesic)|
|Generic Name||Naproxen Sodium|
|Ingredients||Active ingredient: Naproxen sodium|
Inactive ingredients: Cellulose, Magnesium stearate , Povidone, Talc, Opadry YS-1-4215
Synflex tablets are lactose and gluten-free.
|No. of tablets||20 per pack|
|Synflex tablet Strength||250mg tablet|
|Synflex tablet Price in Pakistan 2023||14-15 PKR/tablet|
Synflex Tablet Uses:
Synflex contains Naproxen, an NSAID used to treat musculoskeletal problems such as back pain, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. However, it is also used to ease period discomfort and, in certain situations, to relieve migraine symptoms.
Synflex tablet uses include;
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Synflex is indicated for managing joint pain during arthritis. It also reduces muscle and joint swelling and stiffness during rheumatism.
- Primary Dysmenorrhea: Synflex containing naproxen is a first-line therapy for menstrual pain.
- Acute Gout: Naproxen 500mg twice daily is prescribed during the gout flare, particularly in young patients. It is used as a substitute for corticosteroids.
- Toothache: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, Synflex tablet use for teeth includes pain relief after a root canal or other dental procedures. It is more effective in relieving pain as compared to paracetamol.
Other Synflex tablet uses include;
- Soft tissue injuries
- sprains or strains
- cervical spondylitis
How does Synflex work to relieve pain?
Synflex fundamentally works by inhibiting the generation of chemical mediators in the body that cause inflammation and discomfort. It is a short-term drug, meaning you only need a few dosages to relieve pain or inflammation.
Even though the Synflex tablets can relieve your pain, swelling, or redness, they can not cure your disease or disorder because they are only pain relievers. However, it is not addictive.
Dosage of Synflex Tablet:
The Synflex tablet dosage depends on the condition it is treating and the severity of it.
Some general dosage recommendations for Synflex Tablet are;
- For Sprains and Strains: Total dose for one day should be less than 1375 mg. One 550 mg dose, and then 275 mg doses after every 6-8 hours.
- For Acute Gout: One 825mg and then 275mg after every eight hours as required.
- For Period Pain: The suggested amount is 825 – 1375mg per day, divided into two doses on the first day of the period. After that, the dose should not exceed 1100mg.
- For Migraine Symptoms: The suggested amount is 825 mg, which should be given at the earliest migraine symptom. An additional 275 to 550 mg may be given throughout the day, but not sooner than half an hour after the first dose. The total dosage in a single day should not exceed 1375 mg.
It is important to know that these are general recommendations, and your doctor may prescribe a lower or higher dose of Synflex according to your condition. So, please follow all the directions of your doctor carefully.
Also, read: Nims Tablet Uses
How to take Synflex Tablet?
The Synflex tablets can be taken orally, fasting, or with meals and/or antacids, as the doctor recommends. You can swallow the tablets whole with a glass of milk or water.
Do not use Synflex for longer than your prescription, as taking it for long periods can cause severe problems like a heart attack or stroke.
Depending on your condition, you might only need to use it once, some days, or for a few weeks. If you are older than 75 years, your doctor might give you a lower dose to avoid complications like ulcers.
If you forget to take your dose of Synflex:
If it is almost time for your next dosage, do not take the missed dose; take your next one when it is due.
Otherwise, take it as soon as you recall and then continue to take it as usual. Do not take two doses to make up for a missing one.
If you get an Overdose (take too much) of Synflex:
Taking too much Synflex can cause sleepiness, stomach discomfort or soreness, nausea (feeling ill), vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, or cramps.
If you suspect you or someone else may have taken too much Synflex, call your doctor immediately or go to Accident and Emergency at your local hospital.
Even if there are no indicators of pain or poisoning, it is important to see a doctor. You may require immediate medical assistance.
Side Effects of Synflex Tablet:
Like all medicines, Synflex tablets have certain side effects as well. Some people may not experience them, but awareness of these side effects is important.
Mild Side Effects of Synflex:
Some mild to medium side effects of Synflex can include:
- buzzing or ringing in the ears
- itching or mild skin rashes
- stomach upset, including nausea/feeling sick
- constipation or pain in the stomach
- loss of appetite
- fluid retention or shortness of breath
You should tell your doctor or a healthcare professional about these side effects.
Also, see Panadol Extend Uses and Side Effects
Severe Side Effects of Synflex:
Some other more severe side effects of Synflex might include the following:
- bleeding or bruising more easily than normal
- swelling of ankles or legs
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- vomiting blood or material that looks like coffee grounds
- difficulty breathing, wheezing, or shortness of breath
- sudden or severe itching
- fainting, seizures, or fits
- pain or tightness in the chest
- reddish-purplish or blue-black blotches under the skin
- severe or persistent headache
- fast or irregular heartbeats
If you notice any of these side effects after taking Synflex in yourself or someone else, immediately take them to the hospital’s emergency center.
Can you use the Synflex tablet during pregnancy?
Synflex contains naproxen which is an NSAID and is contraindicated during pregnancy. Synflex tablets during pregnancy can cause abnormalities in the developing fetus. Synflex also causes abnormalities in blood circulation and amniotic fluid.
Synflex tablet is secreted in breast milk and is avoided in lactating females. Synflex tablets during pregnancy and breastfeeding should only be used when the benefits outclass the associated risks.
Consult a gynecologist before using Synflex tablets during pregnancy or lactation.
What are the contraindications for Synflex?
Synflex is avoided during the following conditions;
- children under five years
- if you have diarrhea or vomiting
- rectal bleeding or ulcer patients
- heart patients
- have surgery or need to take lab tests
- are having a dental procedure
Consult Online with the Best Internal Medicine Specialist to get an expert opinion.
1. How long can you take Synflex?
Depending on your condition, you may just need to take Synflex once, for a few days, a few weeks, or longer. It is generally only needed for a few days for sprains and strains or menstrual cramps. If you have arthritis, you should take Synflex daily as long as your doctor recommends.
2. How many Synflex can you take?
The dosage of Synflex tablets you need to take depends on the type and severity of your pain or inflammation. It is not recommended to take more than three tablets daily. However, only your doctor can tell you the right dosage.
3. Does Synflex makes you sleepy?
Synflex tablets can cause diarrhea, indigestion, drowsiness, and dizziness. Avoid driving or other such activities to reduce the risk of serious complications. If these side effects get worse, consult the doctor immediately.