Synflex is a pain-relieving medicine that belongs to the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) family. It is a prescription drug meaning you can only buy it using a doctor’s prescription.
If you are interested in learning more about the Synflex tablet uses, side effects, dosage, or price in Pakistan, then see the sections below.
Synflex Tablet Details and Price:
All the details about Synflex tablets have been listed in the table below:
|Drug Type||NSAID (pain analgesic)|
|Salt name||Naproxen Sodium|
|Ingredients||Active ingredient: Naproxen sodium|
Inactive ingredients: Cellulose, Magnesium stearate , Povidone, Talc, Opadry YS-1-4215
Synflex tablets are lactose and gluten-free.
|No. of tablets||20 per pack|
|Brand name||Martin Dow|
|Synflex tablet Price in Pakistan 2022||Rs. 158/Pack|
Synflex Tablet Uses:
Synflex is Naproxen, a kind of NSAID often used to treat musculoskeletal problems such as back pain, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, and others. However, it is also used to ease period discomfort and, in certain situations, to relieve migraine symptoms.
Your doctor may prescribe you to use Synflex Tablets for the following problems:
- after giving birth
- post-IUD insertion
- for acute gout
- after surgery
- following an orthopedic surgery
- muscle pains
- common cold
- back or neck pain
- soft tissue injuries
- menstrual cramping
- sprains or strains
- cervical spondylitis
- joint stiffness
There are many other Synflex tablet uses as well, so it is possible that your doctor has prescribed Synflex for another condition. Click here to speak to a doctor online via Marham if you want to use Synflex tablets.
How does Synflex work to relieve pain?
Synflex fundamentally works by inhibiting the generation of chemical mediators in the body that cause inflammation and discomfort. It is given as a short-term drug, which means that you only need a few dosages to relieve pain or inflammation.
Even though the Synflex tablets can relieve your pain, swelling, or redness, they can not cure your disease or disorder because it is an only pain relievers. However, it is not addictive.
Dosage of Synflex Tablet:
The Synflex tablet dose will depend upon two things: the type of pain/inflammation and its severity.
Some general dosage recommendations of Synflex according to the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) are:
- For Sprains and Strains: Total dose for one day should be less than 1375 mg. One 550 mg dose, and then 275 mg doses after every 6-8 hours.
- For Acute Gout: One 825mg and then 275mg after every eight hours as required.
- For Period Pain: The suggested amount is 825 – 1375mg per day, divided into two doses on the first day of the period. After that, the dose should not exceed 1100mg.
- For Migraine Symptoms: The suggested amount is 825 mg, which should be given at the earliest symptom of a migraine. An additional dosage of 275 mg to 550 mg may be given throughout the day, but not sooner than half an hour after the first dose. The total dosage in a single day should not exceed 1375 mg.
It is important to know that these are general recommendations and your doctor may prescribe a lower or higher dose of Synflex according to your condition. So, please follow all the directions of your doctor carefully.
How to take Synflex Tablet?
The Synflex tablets can be taken orally in a fasting state or with meals and/or antacids as recommended by the doctor. You can swallow the tablets whole with a glass of milk or water as you like.
Do not use Synflex for longer than your prescription as taking it for long periods of time can cause severe problems like a heart attack or even stroke.
You might only need to use it once, some days, or for a few weeks depending upon your condition. If you are older than 75 years, your doctor might give you a lower dose to avoid complications like ulcers.
If you forget to take your dose of Synflex:
If it is almost time for your next dosage, do not take the missed dose and take your next dose when it is due.
Otherwise, take it as soon as you recall and then continue to take it as usual. Do not take two doses to make up for a missing one.
If you get an Overdose (take too much) of Synflex:
Taking too much Synflex can cause sleepiness, stomach discomfort or soreness, nausea (feeling ill), vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, or cramps.
If you suspect you or someone else may have taken too much Synflex, call your doctor right away or go to Accident and Emergency at your local hospital.
Even if there are no indicators of pain or poisoning, it is important to see a doctor. You may require immediate medical assistance.
Side Effects of Synflex Tablet:
Like all medicines, Synflex tablets have certain side effects as well. Some people may not experience them but it is important to be aware of these side effects.
Mild Side Effects of Synflex:
Some mild to medium side effects of Synflex can include:
- buzzing or ringing in the ears
- itching or mild skin rashes
- stomach upset including nausea/feeling sick
- constipation or pain in the stomach
- loss of appetite
- fluid retention or shortness of breath
You should tell your doctor or a healthcare professional about these side effects.
Severe Side Effects of Synflex:
Some other more severe side effects of Synflex might include the following:
- bleeding or bruising more easily than normal
- swelling of ankles or legs
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- vomiting blood or material that looks like coffee grounds
- difficulty breathing, wheezing, or shortness of breath
- sudden or severe itching
- fainting, seizures, or fits
- pain or tightness in the chest
- reddish-purplish or blue-black blotches under the skin
- eye problems such as blurred vision
- severe or persistent headache
- fast or irregular heartbeats
If you notice any of these side effects after taking Synflex in yourself or someone else, immediately take them to the hospital’s emergency center.
Who Should Avoid Taking Synflex Tablets?
The following people should not take Synflex tablets:
- children under five years
- if you have diarrhea or vomiting
- rectal bleeding or ulcer patients
- heart patients
- pregnant or breastfeeding
- have surgery or need to take lab tests
- are having a dental procedure
- taking any other medications
Consult an Internal Medicine Specialist Online!
The Synflex tablet is a prescription drug that is used to relieve pain or inflammation caused by any disease or disorder in the body. Some common Synflex tablet uses are to get rid of period pain, sprains, arthritis, and migraine.
It is important to ask a doctor before trying the Synflex tablet as it can have certain side effects if used in the wrong way.
Can’t Find the App?
How long can I take Synflex?
You may just need to take Synflex once, for a few days, a few weeks, or for a longer amount of time depending upon your condition. It is generally only needed for a few days for sprains and strains or menstrual cramps. If you have arthritis, you should take Synflex every day for as long as your doctor recommends.
How many Synflex can you take?
The dosage of Synflex tablets you need to take depends on the type and severity of your pain or inflammation. Mostly it is not recommended to take more than three tablets in a day. However, only your doctor can tell you the right dosage.
Is naproxen a strong painkiller?
Yes, the Naproxen drug is a strong anti-inflammatory pain reliever that is used to treat pain and inflammation caused by a variety of medical disorders such as gout, arthritis, migraine, menstruation, and toothache.