Are you suffering from pain and muscular weakness? Don’t take these symptoms lightly as this might indicate a serious problem like fibromyalgia which is a musculoskeletal disorder that causes pain all over the body of the patient. It is also known as ‘Fibromyalgia Syndrome’. Muscles stiffen and painful sensations are triggered all over the body by affecting the processing of pain signals by the brain. In this disorder, the pain receptors of the brain become highly sensitive to pain sensations and the level of neurotransmitters in the brain increases beyond the normal range. To find and consult the best pain management specialists in Lahore, Karachi or any other main city of Pakistan visit Marham.pk.
Fibromyalgia is most commonly found among women than in men.
What Are The Symptoms Of Fibromyalgia?
- Pain sensations in all body: the person feels pain and stiffness in his muscles, tissues, and joints.
- Distress: depression and agitation
- Nervousness: anxiety
- A migraine and many other headaches
- Severe bowel syndrome
- Joint disorders
- Pain bladder syndrome
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
The main cause of fibromyalgia is still not known. However, the following may be some of the possible causes:
- Inheritance: Since fibromyalgia is a genetic disorder, there may be some mutations in your genes that may make you prone to fibromyalgia.
- Infections: Some infections may lead to the occurrence of fibromyalgia.
- Injuries and accidents may lead to fibromyalgia.
- Women who have arthritis are more susceptible to fibromyalgia.
- Traumas: Whether physical or emotional, such traumas may become the major cause of fibromyalgia.
Treatments for Fibromyalgia:
There is no specific cure for this disorder. But your doctor may recommend you various medications to ease your musculoskeletal disorder. Following may be the medicines:
- Anti-depressants: To relieve stress and anxiety.
- Painkillers: To ease muscle pain.
- Sleeping pills: Help fight the stress and let the patient sleep peacefully.
- Therapies: There are various therapies available that are used to cure fibromyalgia. Like physiotherapy etc. You can book an appointment with the best physiotherapist in Karachi and the top most visited female physiotherapist in Lahore through Marham.pk.
Fibromyalgia is linked to muscles pain and stiffness. An affected person feels tired and weak all the time along with having headaches, depression, and anxiety. The reasons for this disorder are yet not clearly known by the doctors. At present, medication and rest are the only possible cures for fibromyalgia.
Few Most Popular Physiotherapists:
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018
- 7 Genius Hacks To Learn Like A Pro! - September 11, 2018