Table of Content
A butterfly-shaped gland in the front of the neck named thyroid is the largest gland of the human body and works to regulate numerous metabolic processes throughout the body. Different types of thyroid disorders affect either its structure or function and cause a disturbance in its hormone production.
Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism are two major conditions which are associated with thyroid malfunctioning. To identify either problem of thyroid following symptoms may help you.
Hypothyroidism is the condition in which thyroid gland produces an insufficient amount of thyroid hormone. It can develop from problems within the thyroid gland, pituitary gland, or hypothalamus. Symptoms of this abnormality may include;
- Fatigue and general weakness.
- Poor concentration or feeling mental fog.
- Dry or patchy skin.
- Feeling cold.
- Fluid retention.
- Weight gain.
- Puffy face.
- Muscle and joint aches and cramps.
- Recurrent urinary tract infection.
- Urinary incontinence. If you are suffering such discomfort find the best urologist in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
- Prolonged or excessive menstrual bleeding in women.
It is the condition manifested by excessive production of thyroid hormone, a less common condition than hypothyroidism. Symptoms of this abnormality usually relate to increased metabolism. Symptoms and signs of hyperthyroidism can include:
- Fast heart rate
- Intolerance for heat
- Increase in bowel movements
- Increased sweating
- Concentration problems
- Mood swings
- Less menstruation bleeding in females or skipping of periods
- Unintentional weight loss
To cure thyroid problem, it’s better to consult some expert medical professional immediately. Endocrinologists are the medical persons who have the expertise to treat the hormonal problem of the thyroid gland. If you are going through some thyroid or another hormonal problem log on to Marham.pk and find the best endocrinologist in Karachi, Lahore other main cities of Pakistan. Endocrinologist may follow these treatment methods.
- The usual treatment for hypothyroidism is thyroid hormone replacement therapy.
- Hyperthyroidism can be treated with iodine, anti-thyroid medications or surgery.
Do not delay to book your appointment and take immediate treatment, in case you notice any of these symptoms.