An upcoming surgery can make a person feel stressed out and anxious. The anesthesiologist can play a positive role in reducing your stress level by providing you enough information regarding anesthesia that you are going to get. Anesthesia is a pain-reducing technique required during any major surgery.
Once a surgeon recommends surgery and has given you an appointment. It’s time you visit your anesthesiologist in Lahore. Your visit and discussion with him can greatly reduce your anxiety and stress regarding surgery, after all, he is the one who will give you anesthesia to manage pain.
What Information Your Anesthesiologist Can Ask For?
- Your age
- Your past experience of anesthesia, if any
- Obstacles you have faced with past anesthetics
- Any severe side effect of anesthesia you or your family have ever faced
- Any specific allergy you have
- History of your medications
- Women will be asked whether they are pregnant or breastfeeding
All of the above information is very essential for an anesthesiologist to know, only then he/she can know what sort of medication will be suitable for you. If you are concerned about your surgery and have questions, don’t sit back consult with one of the best anesthesiologists
Surgery, be it of any kind required the consultation of both Surgeon and an anesthesiologist. After all these two plays a vital role in the success of a surgery. Once you get a green signal from your anesthesiologist and he is satisfied with all the medical information you have provided him, he can guide you with the plan for upcoming surgery.
How Can Your Anesthesiologist Guide You To Prepare For Surgery?
- He/she can guide you about the options available for anesthesia; General, Regional, Sedation or Combination
- How long before surgery you need to stop eating
- Which medication you can and which to avoid before your surgery
- He/She can guide you about the risk of anesthesia
- He/she can mentally prepare you well to deal with the upcoming surgery
- He/She can guide you well about the options of pain management after surgery
- The anesthesiologist can talk about precautionary measures that you need to take to get over the effect of anesthesia.
Before your surgery, your meeting with anesthesiologist is as important as with a surgeon. You should discuss your “Anesthetic plan” beforehand rather than deciding about it on the day of your surgery.