Sorry, we couldn't find any results
Please call MARHAM helpline for guidance. Our team will help you in finding the right information
An endocrinologist (ماہرہارمون) or hormonal specialist is a doctor who deals with diagnosing, treating, and managing different conditions associated with hormone-producing glands in the body which include the adrenal gland, hypothalamus, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, pancreas, and parathyroid gland. These experienced professionals specialize in treating endocrinological dysfunctions which are associated with hormonal imbalances such as infertility, thyroid disorders, diabetes, and different metabolic diseases.
They are sometimes also referred to as hormone doctors in Pakistan.
Depending on various categories of endocrine disorders, these Thyroid Specialists are classified into:
1. Pediatric Endocrinologist: Pediatric endocrinologists specialize in common endocrine issues affecting children. These experienced endocrinologists have extensive training and expertise in dealing with endocrine disorders and developmental problems in children (<18 years), such as growth disorders or sexual development disorders
2. Reproductive Endocrinologist: A reproductive endocrinologist is a hormonal specialist in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. They focus on infertility, reproductive hormonal imbalances, PCOS, and other related disorders. They work with individual patients and couples struggling to conceive and provide relevant treatment solutions
3. Endocrine Oncologist: A medical specialist who deals with the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and management of cancerous tumors related to the endocrine glands like thyroid tumors, pituitary tumors, and ovarian cancer
4. Nuclear medicine endocrinologist: This type of experienced endocrinologist deals with nuclear medicines to treat different endocrinological disorders. They also use radiation to expand the diagnosis of the hormonal diseases associated with the endocrine system
5. Neuroendocrinologist: The endocrinologist who primarily focuses on the relationship between the nervous and the endocrine system. They deal with the neuronal parameters that are contributing to hormonal imbalances and thus diseases.
The minimum qualification required to become an endocrinologist in Pakistan is;
5-year MBBS degree followed by a house job
An endocrinologist in Riyadh provides the following services in order to provide optimum therapy to patients;
Orders a series of diagnostic tests to determine the best treatment, and also recommend certain lifestyle changes (if possible) that can improve the person's health.
Involves in basic, clinical, and translational research to gain a better understanding of endocrine disorders, which in turn lead to better treatment options
The endocrinologist may work with the primary care physician or other specialists to coordinate the patient's follow-up care.
Certain procedures performed by endocrinologists include neck dissection, pancreatectomy (to remove parts of the pancreas), adrenalectomy ( to remove the adrenal gland), or thyroidectomy ( to remove the thyroid gland or its parts)
The following conditions are some of the major conditions treated by Endocrinologist in Riyadh;
Metabolic conditions- Abnormal catabolic or anabolic reactions in your body
Acid peptic disease- Decreased gastric mucosal defense or an excessive acid production
Addison’s disease- It is adrenocortical insufficiency due to the damage or dysfunction of the entire adrenal cortex
Anemia- lower levels of healthy red blood cells or hemoglobin in the body.
Hyperthyroidism- Abnormal functioning of your thyroid gland in which it makes more thyroid hormones than your body needs
Sexual development, function, and reproduction conditions
Cushing’s syndrome- Overproduction of a pituitary gland hormone leads to an overactive adrenal gland
Acromegaly- It occurs when your body makes too much growth hormone
PCOS- Polycystic ovary syndrome is a disease that develops in women of childbearing age leading to the development of cysts in ovaries
Diabetes mellitus- This is an endocrine disorder characterized by an increase in blood sugar levels due to insulin resistance or insulin insufficiency
Infertility- Different endocrinological or hormonal disorders result in an inability to conceive in women and ejaculate in men.
If you experience any of the given symptoms, consult an endocrinologist/Hormone Doctor near you as soon as possible for the diagnosis of your disease and its immediate treatment;
Muscle weakness, pain, and stiffness
Unintended weight fluctuations
Early puberty such as Acne breakout, Irregular periods, and growth of pubic or underarm hair
Changes in blood glucose levels or cholesterol levels
Unable to conceive
Painful menstrual periods
Excessive hair growth
Sudden weight gain
Inability to lose weight
An endocrinologist begins by taking personal and family histories to look for the genetic causes of the diseases.
A top thyroid doctor in Riyadh may order certain diagnostic tests to detect the disease. Some of the common tests ordered by endocrinologists include;
Blood sugar level.
Complete blood count.
Thyroid function tests.
Kidney function test.
Liver function test.
Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) level.
Thyroid antibodies test including thyroid peroxidase (TPO) antibodies.
Cortisol level test.
They prescribe medicines to rebalance hormones and treat mild to moderate symptoms. For surgical interventions, they may perform surgery to remove a tumor in a gland that affects hormone production and secretion.
Endocrinologists (Mahir-e-Hormone) also specialized to provide treatment and palliative care to patients diagnosed with cancer. Chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy for patients with cancerous tumors of the endocrine gland is also provided by hormone specialists.
You should thoroughly analyze before choosing the top verified and most experienced endocrinologist based on the following criteria:
Qualifications: Check the relevant qualification and experience of the hormone specialist
Services: Check to see if they provide the treatment and the services you require
Patient reviews: This will help you make an informed decision about which specialist to see. Marham offers genuine patient feedback.
Marham - Find a doctor brings a diverse range of the most qualified and the best endocrinologists in Riyadh, where you can book an online video consultation or in-person appointment with great ease. There are 0 best endocrinologists in Riyadh with their immense experience, qualifications, and services that are listed on Marham.
Find the list of the most qualified and the top hormonal specialists in Riyadh and book an appointment online or by calling 03111222398.