1 Top Verified And Best Neurosurgeons In Vehari
About Neuro Surgeon
Neurosurgeons (دماغ کا سرجن) are medical professionals who treat diseases and conditions affecting the nervous system, including the brain, spine, and peripheral nerves. They also treat conditions involving issues with the blood flow to the brain. Brain Surgeons in Vehari deal with the entire nervous system, providing surgical as well as nonsurgical treatment to patients of all ages.
Some neurosurgeons may specialize in specific spinal problems, such as cervical (neck) and lumbar (back) disorders, and spinal cord injuries. Pediatric neurosurgeons treat infants and children, while other neurosurgeons specialize in disorders affecting adults.
Are Brain Surgeons and Neurosurgeons the same?
Neurosurgeons are not only brain surgeons, they are medically trained neurosurgical specialists who can also help patients suffering from back and neck pain as well as many other illnesses ranging from trigeminal neuralgia to head injury and other lethal diseases.
Common conditions treated by Neurosurgeons
Usually, patients see a neurosurgeon in Vehari when they are experiencing serious illness or pain. The most common issues that require treatment by a neurosurgeon are;
Chronic Neck pain or low-back pain - Chronic pain in the lower back or the neck can be caused by neuropathy or damage to the nerves as a result of inflammation or disease. A neurosurgeon can treat the pain by removing the underlying cause via surgical or non-surgical methods.
Trauma to the brain and spine - Injury to the head as a result of an accident or fall may cause many issues to arise. A neurosurgeon is involved in treating traumatic head injuries and minimizing the consequences of the impact.
Brain tumors - Brain tumors are the primary issue treated by neurosurgeons. The most common procedure opted for by surgeons is a craniotomy, which involves making an incision in the scalp and excising the tumor with great precision and accuracy.
Peripheral nerve issues - Common peripheral nerve issues like Trigeminal Neuralgia, which is characterized by sharp, shooting pain in the face, jaw, teeth, or gums. The condition is treated by a neurosurgeon using a technique called Microvascular Decompression MVD.
Hydrocephalus - It is characterized by a buildup of fluid in the brain, usually seen in newborn children. The increased pressure resulting from fluid build-up is damaging to the brain and spinal cord and requires urgent treatment by an experienced and top neurosurgeon in Vehari.
Some of the other disorders that may require treatment from a neurosurgeon are;
Cervical spine disorders
Lumbar spinal stenosis
Carotid artery disease
Pituitary and spinal tumors
What are the services offered by Neurosurgeons in Vehari?
There are various procedures that a neurosurgeon can recommend or perform to treat and diagnose the conditions related to neurosurgery. Some of the more common procedures include;
Anterior cervical discectomy - It is a procedure to treat neck and back pain caused by herniated disc issues. Neurosurgeons usually recommend this procedure when pain cannot be treated or managed through non-surgical treatments.
Chiari decompression - It is used to treat Arnold-Chiari malformation. Chiari decompression is the removal of bone in the back of the skull to widen the foramen magnum. This helps improve balance and coordination and results in significant improvement in many cases.
Craniotomy - A craniotomy is a common neurosurgical procedure in which part of the skull is removed to allow direct access to the brain. It is used to treat or manage a variety of neurological disorders including stroke. It is a potentially life-saving procedure in many cases. The removed portion of the skull is ultimately replaced to minimize any visible long-term effects of the procedure.
Lumbar Puncture - It is a procedure in which a thin needle is inserted between the vertebrae in your lower spine, and is also called a spinal tap. It is performed to determine if a patient has any signs of a problem related to the central nervous system. When performed by a trained neurosurgeon, it is the overall safest operation with minimal risk.
Ventriculostomy - It is one of the most common emergency-based neurosurgery procedures performed worldwide. It is a procedure allowing for cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) drainage from the cerebral ventricles to alleviate elevated intracranial pressure secondary to communicating or non-communicating hydrocephalus.
Laminectomy - Laminectomy is a surgical procedure that is performed to treat the signs and symptoms of central spinal stenosis or narrowing of the spinal canal.
Spinal fusion - It is a surgical procedure to permanently join together two or more bones in the spine so there will be no chance of movement between them.
Epilepsy Neurosurgery - This surgical procedure is particularly for those who have severe epileptic seizures and have not found relief or satisfaction through non-surgical treatments. It mainly involves removing or modifying the part of the brain that is the cause of severe and potentially fatal uncontrolled seizures.
What are the different types of neurosurgeons?
There are several types of neurosurgeon subspecialty fields to choose from. Most brain surgeons can specialize in one or two areas of neurosurgery.
Some neurosurgery subspecialty fields include:
- Pediatric Neurosurgery: Pediatric neurosurgeons specialize in infant and adolescent surgery. Performing surgery on the developing nervous system can require unique skills and expertise.
- Endovascular Neurosurgery: Endovascular neurosurgery describes a form of minimally invasive surgery to treat cerebrovascular disorders without opening the skull. Neurosurgeons in this specialty often require advanced training in radiology. Radiographic tools can be used to identify nerve disorders that may originate in the patient's blood vessels.
- Functional Neurosurgery: Functional neurosurgery is dedicated to treating patients with chronic neurological disorders that compromise their quality of life. The primary purpose of functional neurosurgery is to minimize neurological symptoms to improve the patient's living standards. Functional neurosurgeons often utilize intraoperative stereotactic with an infrared tracking system for precise surgical procedures.
- Neurotrauma surgery: Neurosurgeons may specialize in trauma surgery. This practice includes decompressive craniectomy. An injured nervous system usually undergoes swelling. By decompressing the skull, the neurosurgeon can relieve pressure and hence, relieves swelling.
- Spine Surgery: The spine is an important part of the human body that connects the central nervous system to muscles and other body parts. Spinal neurosurgeons and peripheral nerve surgeons often share similar knowledge about peripheral nerves. The difference between the two neurosurgeons is that spinal surgeons focus on spinal structures rather than nerves. Spinal surgeons identify and treat spinal injuries, often through a surgical procedure.
How does a neurosurgeon treat problems?
A neurosurgeon is responsible to assess and diagnose patients, prescribing treatment, and monitor patient progress. They can also work in collaboration with psychiatrists, therapists, and neurologists and consult with other specialties to deliver the best patient care.
What should you keep in mind while selecting a neurosurgeon?
Before choosing a male or female neurosurgeon in Vehari, you should carefully consider the following factors:
Qualifications: Look for the relevant qualifications and experience of the neurosurgeon you are choosing.
Services: Check for the services offered by the neurosurgeon.
Patient review: Inspect the patient satisfaction percentage for choosing the best doctor near you.
Book an Appointment or Consult Online via Marham:
Marham - Find A Doctor brings a diverse range of the top verified male and female neurosurgeons in Vehari, where you can book an online video consultation or in-person appointment with great ease. There are 1 best neurosurgeons in Vehari with immense experience, qualifications, and services listed on Marham.
Find the most qualified and the best brain surgeon in Vehari near you and book an appointment online or by calling 03111222398.
Frequently Asked Questions
The fee of the Neuro Surgeon/Brain Surgeon in Vehari ranges from PKR 500 to PKR 3000.
You can book an appointment online by visiting the doctor’s profile, or call our Marham helpline: 03111222398 to book your appointment.
There are no additional fees for booking an appointment or consulting online with Marham. You only have to pay the doctor's fees.
You can choose a Neuro Surgeon based on their experience, patient reviews, services, qualification, and locations.
The following are the 5 best Neuro Surgeons in Vehari:
The following are the most experienced Neuro Surgeons in Vehari:
The following are the top Brain Surgeons in Vehari:
By selecting your location from the filters bar, you can find the best male and female Neuro Surgeon in Vehari
The following Neuro Surgeons/Brain Surgeon are available in Vehari today:
You can use any of the following payment methods:
- Credit Card
- Easy Paisa or Jazz Cash
- Collection via the rider
Neuro Surgeon Related Diseases
Neuro Surgeon Related Procedures
- Intracranial Bleed
- Spinal Fusion
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Endovascular Coiling
- Microvascular Decompression
- Tumor Resection
- Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Spinal Tumors
- Lumbar Prolapsed Intervertebral
- Cervical PID With Implant
- Lumbar Fixation With Implant
- Cervical Spinal Fixation With Implants
- Hydrocephalus In Myelomeningocele
- Hydrocephalus In Encephalocele
- Chiari Malformation
- Scalp Anesthesia
- Epidural Hematoma (EDH)
- Subdural Hematoma (SDH)
- External Ventricular Drains
- Depressed Skull Fracture Elevation
- Endoscopic 3rd Ventriculostomy Surgery
- Brain Abscess
- Brain Abscess
Best Neuro Surgeon in other cities of Pakistan
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Lahore
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Karachi
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Islamabad
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Rawalpindi
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Faisalabad
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Peshawar
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Multan
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Quetta
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Gujranwala
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Sargodha
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Abbottabad
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Attock
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Bahawalpur
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Bannu
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Charsadda
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Chiniot
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Hyderabad
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Istanbul
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Jhelum
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Kasur
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Layyah
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Malakand
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Mansehra
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Nowshera
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Okara
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Rahim Yar Khan
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Sadiqabad
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Sahiwal
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Sheikhupura
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Sialkot
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Sukkur
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Swabi
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Swat
- Best Neuro Surgeon in Toba Tek Singh