Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Surgeon on Pilonidal

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 20 years old, islamabad

I had an open excision about 3 months ago and my wound isn't healed yet and I have a small closed dot on the surgical scar. Here's the photo <a target="_blank" href="https://imgur.com/a/cUodD" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/cUodD</a> I also have a lump on my surgical scar which feels like a cyst but I've been told it's normal and nothing to worry about...

General Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Shahzad Alam Shah

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Shahzad Alam Shah - General Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (General Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

72 Positive Reviews

Picture is not clear. However pilonidal sinus excision in which wound is
left open takes time to heal. May take some time three months or more.
However a continous and regular followup with the primary surgeon is
essential.
Thanks and

Post Owner

That's what I've been doing but since I am in law school and have classes that go on until 7, I haven't had the time to get a culture/pus cs test done. Therefore, I've been off meds for at least a month. Do you think that caused the small opening above my wound?

6 years ago

Vascular Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman - Vascular Surgeon

MBBS (KEMU) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) , MRCS (UK) , MCEM (UK), FCPS (Pak) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) (UK) | Lahore

review-stars

212 Positive Reviews

An opening can b seen on one end. however picture is not completely clear. consult yr surgeon for reassessment.
dr R U
midcity hosp, lhr

Post Owner

Do you think the opening can be fixed with antibiotics? Also, One of my other cyst went away on it's own 2 years ago, when I used to sit in hot water mixed with boric acid. Do you reckon I should try that again?

6 years ago

Post Owner

https://imgur.com/a/UhmwP here's a newer and clearer image of my cyst. To be honest, I feel like my wound has healed pretty fast, although it's been almost 3 months but my wound was so big and heavily infected. According to my Surgeon, he told my parents and I that there was A LOT of pus and it took a while! I don't have images of my post op wound but it was big, wide and deep!

6 years ago

Vascular Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rashid Usman - Vascular Surgeon

MBBS (KEMU) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) , MRCS (UK) , MCEM (UK), FCPS (Pak) , FRCS (Vascular Surgery) (UK) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 212 Positive Reviews

Aoa dear,
i have seen the better pic.
my advice is let the wound heal as its all granulating well. no need for antibiotics.
do regular hair removing. dont let hair grow around in this area.
once it all heals, only then if there is a remaining sinus, then u should opt for further surgical procedure.
regards.

6 years ago

Post Owner

Walaikum Asalam Dr. Rashid, I went for a dressing today at the Hospital and I got one of the nurses to take a photo of my wound. Apparently, the sinus opening is no longer there. Not sure if I should be happy because I was so scared that it might get worse. Also, thank you so much for all the advice & have a blessed day!

6 years ago

General Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Ehsan -ur- Rehman

There are different techniques for dealing with Pilonidal sinus, I close
the wind after putting drain in wound and 90 % wound gets healed in 10
days, remainder takes about two weeks to heal. The picture sent by you
indicates unsatisfactory healing, and separate area is also suspicious ,
you should consult your surgeon or may contact some other surgeon if u are
not satisfied from your primary surgeon ,

Post Owner

Another surgery is a no go for me at this point of time. I am in law school and have classes until 7, sometimes. Can you recommend me somethings that I should be doing to help me improve my recovery and speed up the healing process? Do you think my problem occurred because I stopped doing culture/pus cs tests recommended by my doctor and eventually got off the antibiotics?

6 years ago

General Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Ehsan -ur- Rehman

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 at 6:28 PM, MARHAM wrote:

> Dear Ehsan -Ur- Rehman,
> Antibiotics don't have much role in open wound,
>
> You have a new reply on your comment. Please visit the link below,
> https://www.marham.pk/forum/thread/3588/pilonidal
>
> Thanks,
>
> MARHAM
>

General Surgeon in Multan - Dr. Movahid Anwer

Dr. Movahid Anwer - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (General Surgery) | Multan

review-stars

37 Positive Reviews

There is sinus formation. It will need surgical excision to heal fast. Otherwise u can wait. It's not an emergency. There is no role of drugs in this case.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories