Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Dental Problem

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 27, Lahore

I am feeling that I am having enamel loss from my teeth. I think I have been brushing too hard and too long in the past few weeks in order to remove yellow tea stains but stains have not gone away. I have used Dabur Red and Colgate Optic White toothpastes.

Now I feeling that I have lost enamel from my teeth because I am feeling that some of my teeth have shrunk in size. Please suggest proper (maximum) time for brushing and how should I brush? gently or very very softly?

Please also suggest some enamel repairing/ enamel protecting/ enamel strengthening toothpaste. In other words, please suggest some toothpaste which is best for enamel.

I am attaching a picture of my teeth for respected dentists to observe the condition of my teeth.

Dentist in Sahiwal - Dr. Ali Arslan

Dr. Ali Arslan - Dentist

BDS | Sahiwal

review-stars

51 Positive Reviews

you need teeth cleaning/scaling so you have to visit a dental clinic for this purpose.

Post Owner

respected sir. can u observe any signs of enamel erosion in the attached pictures? I feel that the spacing between few teeths has increased

3 years ago

Dentist in Sahiwal - Dr. Ali Arslan
Dr. Ali Arslan - Dentist

BDS | Sahiwal | Book Appointment

review-stars 51 Positive Reviews

spacing between teeth is due to poor periodontal/Gum(or tissues surrounding the tooth) health.
that's why you need to visit dentist for teeth scaling and polishing. Any other issues will only be addressed after thorough checkup.

3 years ago

Dentist in Muzaffar Garh - Dr. Muhammad Siddique Arain

Dr. Muhammad Siddique Arain - Dentist

BDS, RDS, OMSB (Muscat Oman) | Muzaffar Garh

review-stars

51 Positive Reviews

Dear you want treatment from tooth paste which is impossible,You need SPT and then we think enamel treatment..visit Dentist

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Raheel Ahmed

Dr. Raheel Ahmed - Dentist

BDS | Islamabad

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

you need scaling and polishing this yellow layer will not go away with brushing .

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. M Asif Mushtaq

Dear brother,
After watching your pictures,I think you don't have any issues with enamel.
Secondly, your teeth have calculus deposits, not stains...these will never be removed with brush or any type of toothpaste.
You should visit dentist for scaling to get them removed and later on we can go for in office fluoride therapy to strengthen your enamel.
Please don't make yourself fool by just relying on toothpaste only
Regards

Post Owner

JazakAllah sir

3 years ago

Post Owner

thank u sir. I will go for scaling, polishing and floride therapy

3 years ago

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Imran Zia

Dr. Imran Zia - Dentist

BDS (Pb) , RDS , C-Implants (Korea) | Lahore

review-stars

372 Positive Reviews

Aoa. First of all you need removal of tartar/plaque as it's a major cause of so many other oral issues. There is looking a bit of abrasion of enamel in front lower teeth specially. Enamel replacement is done after clinical examination. Tooth paste will be suggested accordingly. We're working on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Contact MARHAM for further steps.

Member of Marham-Forum

Respected Doctors. can this increased spacing be a result of enamel erosion/abrasion?

Dentist in Gujranwala - Dr. Moeez Nadeem Butt

Dr. Moeez Nadeem Butt - Dentist

BDS | Gujranwala

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

There is no enamel loss. This is calculus and plaque that has been deposited in your teeth. Get your scaling done asap as this is too much and is probably causing spacing between your teeth. After scaling develop a regular habit of brushing. The condition isn't due to excessive brushing its actually the other way round

Post Owner

thank u sir

3 years ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Hiba Naeem Khan

Dr. Hiba Naeem Khan - Dentist

BDS, Diploma in Oral Implantology | Karachi

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

These stains will only go away by scaling you can visit the clinic by scheduling an appointment. For brushing use a very soft brush and brush for 2 minutes with circular motion on the left and right side of mouth and in the front use up and down motions. No toothpaste helps in enamel thickening all are the same so you may use sensodyne or colgate whichever one you prefer

Post Owner

thank you

3 years ago

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Rumshah Iftikhar

Dr. Rumshah Iftikhar - Dentist

BDS (Bachelor in Dental Surgery) | Lahore

Hello sir first of all the yellowish thing is not enamel staining instead its plaque that requires scaling for which you have to visit dentist. Do you feel any sensitivity? And brushing should be in circular light motion and should use soft bristle brush.

Post Owner

no doctor. no sensitivity yet. I am just worried about the widening gap between front lower teeth. I am worried that this gap might be due to enamel erosion. I have attached and marked a picture to point out that gap. I will surely get scaling and polishing done. are there any side effects of scaling and polishing. I have also heard about floridation after scaling and polishing. Should I get that done too?

3 years ago

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Rumshah Iftikhar
Dr. Rumshah Iftikhar - Dentist

BDS (Bachelor in Dental Surgery) | Lahore | Book Appointment

If possible get an appointment on call with me and i can explain your issues in more detail.

3 years ago

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Ayesha Khan

Dr. Ayesha Khan - Dentist

BDS , RDS , C-Endo, C-Ortho , C -Implants , C-Clear Aligners ,Certificate In Implantology | Islamabad

review-stars

727 Positive Reviews

Dear patient u have explained ur issue in a very detailed manner
however it's not like that plus it's a very common dental problem n can be sorted out with very easy steps at the moment
all u need to do is to visit dentist nearby n get your detailed scaling n polishing done

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Taeba Tofique

Hello. Please get your scaling done for all the yellow stains that you’re concerned about, inshallah they’ll be gone hopefully after scaling. For brushing, don’t brush too vigorously as it also slowly slowly repositions our teeth due to constant pressure. Move your brush slowly and gently back and forth in short strokes, also floss regularly and use listerine or Colgate mouth wash. For toothpaste, use Colgate enamel repair tooth paste

Post Owner

thank u doctor

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories