Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Gum Disease

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 22 years old, islamabad, Pakistan

Symptoms: Lower teeth gums are Red, receding, burning and bleeds when i floss or sometimes on brushing. There are Changes in the way teeth fit together upon biting down. It feels strange. MY teeth moves a little bit. USing listerine mouthwash and clogate toothpaste. I am worried of tooth loss and receding gums. What should i do?

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Shaharyar Khan

Dr. Shaharyar Khan - Dentist

BDS, MBA (HHCM) | Karachi

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

according to the symptoms and history you told me I think you must go for scaling and gum treatment follow with me change of the toothpaste you are using so you need to consult a good skilled dentist

Post Owner

I have done scaling this march Any specific toothpaste for this problem?

3 years ago

BDS, MBA (HHCM) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 5 Positive Reviews

any systemic disease? like diabetes you suffering from?
will be able to u give u proper treatment after physical examination..

3 years ago

Post Owner

No I have no other diseases. Last year i was having vit B 12 deficiency. But for that i was taking injections. That is fine now.

3 years ago

consult an other dentist. will extract the mobile teeth which causing pain

3 years ago

Post Owner

extraction is the only solution? Its my gums causing pain, not the teeth. And the teeth do not move that much, it feels a little movement

3 years ago

anyways. u need to go for consultation and oral examination. A proper diagnosis will lead to proper treatment.

3 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you doctor for your time.

3 years ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Saqib Kaleem

Dr. Saqib Kaleem - Dentist

BDS, MS (Oral and Maxillofacial) C-Facial Aesthetics, C-Implant, C-Endo | Karachi

review-stars

76 Positive Reviews

you should get scaling and polishing in the first place to control further recession . it will also help in treatment of bleeding and redness

Post Owner

I have done scaling and polishing this march.

3 years ago

BDS, MS (Oral and Maxillofacial) C-Facial Aesthetics, C-Implant, C-Endo | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 76 Positive Reviews

it has damaged your gums before that ... after scaling it might have stayed and not receding further.. so keep it healthy and cleaned and use sensodyne toothpaste . its the best

3 years ago

Post Owner

So i should just change my toothpaste for now? Will it resolve this problem?
I am rinsing my mouth with salt water also using mouthwash and floss.

3 years ago

BDS, MS (Oral and Maxillofacial) C-Facial Aesthetics, C-Implant, C-Endo | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 76 Positive Reviews

it will stay this way . no worse no betterment

3 years ago

Post Owner

I am taking good care but still I am worried i might loose my teeth. I have searched on google they say its gingitivis/perriodontitis and it will cause tooth loss.

3 years ago

Dentist in Muzaffar Garh - Dr. Muhammad Siddique Arain

Dr. Muhammad Siddique Arain - Dentist

BDS, RDS, OMSB (Muscat Oman) | Muzaffar Garh

review-stars

51 Positive Reviews

Most probably Periodontitis and Recession Need to visit Dentist or video Consultation

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Ayesha Khan

Dr. Ayesha Khan - Dentist

BDS , RDS , C-Endo, C-Ortho , C -Implants , C-Clear Aligners ,Certificate In Implantology | Islamabad

review-stars

727 Positive Reviews

Dear concerned if u r in Islamabad kindly take either online appointment or give me a visit
symptoms mimic gingivitis or periodontitis
treatment is recommended without any delay
also need to rule out any serious consequences
kindly upload clear pic if possible

Post Owner

how will be online consultation? will it be a video call? Please tell me. There are some restrictions. According to them i will consult online. Please guide me.

3 years ago

BDS , RDS , C-Endo, C-Ortho , C -Implants , C-Clear Aligners ,Certificate In Implantology | Islamabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 727 Positive Reviews

yes dear u can take online consultation through marham by video call I'll access n share my observation regarding ur dental issues

3 years ago

Post Owner

Can you chat instead of video call. I will send you pictures. Please i am worried what if i loose my teeth?

3 years ago

BDS , RDS , C-Endo, C-Ortho , C -Implants , C-Clear Aligners ,Certificate In Implantology | Islamabad | Book Appointment

how can I tell u something unless I see ur teeth

3 years ago

Post Owner

I am sorry doctor but thank you so much for your time. I will try to consult online.

3 years ago

no u need not to be sorry actully I cant comment unless I observe your dental condition
only then I can make diagnostic comments
you need to take online consultation so i observe your oral status thoroughly n then let you know what needs to be done

3 years ago

Post Owner

No I understand doctor. Thank you for your response. I will try to consult you in a few days InshAllah. Actually I become quite nervous during video call. Anyways, thank you again.

3 years ago

you are welcome np

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Hi, I'm very sorry to know about what you're going through. The pain and discomfort of the gums is very displeasing. With what you've mentioned in your post I'd say that the gum diseases is comparatively difficult to treat than the diseases pertaining to the teeth. As you've mentioned that you underwent scaling in march, the condition should get better if the scaling is done properly and there are no other health conditions. It is better to visit the dentist and get a detailed checkup and have a proper treatment for this condition. otherwise, the gum diseases spreads in the mouth and the severity increases with the passage of time. there are a lot of factors which contribute to the gum disease e.g. your diet, your brushing habits, the use of toothpicks, hormonal imbalances, stress etc. It is better to visit a dentist so a detailed examination can be performed.

Member of Marham-Forum

i guess it's either gingivitis or periodontitis
but need to see the picture to get to the confirmed diagnosis....oral examination is very important and do you have any deficiency ?iron or vit B12?or any systemic disease like sugar?

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Ammara Ansari

The symptoms told by you depicts either Gingivitis caused by poor oral hygiene or harsh brushing of teeth. Gums can recede due to some underlying systemic diseases as well like blood disorders, diabetes, GIT issues etc. It can better be diagnosed once you get it examined clinically.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories