Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Gum Swelling On Wisdom Tooth

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 25 years old, Lahore

Hi, I thought my wisdom tooth is growing hence the slight pain but I discovered today that there is some swelling on the left bottom part of my mouth over the wisdom tooth. The swelling is spreading near inner checks too. One part over the tooth is reddish while the cheek part is white-ish. I rinsed with salt water and had an ibrufen. What else can I do? Can you prescribe some antibiotics that can help?

Dentist in Peshawar - Dr. Yusaf Imran

Dr. Yusaf Imran - Dentist

BDS , MDS (Orthodontics) | Peshawar

review-stars

64 Positive Reviews

Call me for better treatment plan. You can take an online apppointment with me over phone by marham app

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Rumshah Iftikhar

Dr. Rumshah Iftikhar - Dentist

BDS (Bachelor in Dental Surgery) | Lahore

Please send me the picture and use mouthwash rinses twice a day

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Ahmad Abdul Haseeb

Dr. Ahmad Abdul Haseeb - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon

BDS, FCPS (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

25 Positive Reviews

visit a dental clinic for appropriate management as soon as possible

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Imran Zia

Dr. Imran Zia - Dentist

BDS (Pb) , RDS , C-Implants (Korea) | Lahore

review-stars

372 Positive Reviews

Aoa. Without clinical examination, it's not ethical/professional to prescribe antibiotics. Please visit or at least video call for assessment. We can suggest pain killer medicine only. Contact MARHAM for contact number /visit. Best regards

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Javed Akhtar Rana

Dr. Javed Akhtar Rana - Dentist

BDS, MDS (PGT) | Islamabad

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

Keep rinsing with salt water and visit a dentist so that he can get an x ray for further treatment plan.
Regards

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Haseeb Ur Rehman

Dr. Haseeb Ur Rehman - Dentist

BDS | Islamabad

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

you need to rinse with mouthwash chalorhexidine once a day ... extra oral hygeine care .. when covid-19 is over visit your dentist and if need go for impaction surgery ...

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Tayyab Nadeem

Dr. Tayyab Nadeem - Dentist

BDS , Diploma (Orthodontics) | Lahore

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

better have that soft tissue surgically removed these are the symptoms of pericoronitis inflammation of soft tissue,no antibiotics or painkillers will help you better see a dentist

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Hira Zaman

Dr. Hira Zaman - Dentist

BDS, Masters in Endodontics | Lahore

review-stars

40 Positive Reviews

dear patient you have to maintain oral hygiene in that area.do brushing despite that you will feel pain in initial days but it will get better.dont allow food accumulation there...use mouthwash twice a day, do luke warm water rinses as much as you can and maintain oral hygiene... antibiotics are needed if you feel difficulty in mouth opening.
regards

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Anum Shehzad

Dr. Anum Shehzad - Dentist

BDS, RDS, C-Orthodontics | Karachi

Dear patient I have read your problem. You can do luke warm water rinses as much as you can with adding some salt in it. If you are a patient of blood pressure then avoid adding salt. And for antibiotics prescription it is advisable to book an appointment with Marham for further evaluation as without it I cannot prescribe any antibiotics. Thanks.

Dentist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abid Mahmood

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abid Mahmood - Dentist

BDS , MCPS Oral & Maxillo-Facial Surgery | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

apparently you are suffering from infection around your partially erupted wisdom tooth. due to swelling and pain, you need an antibiotic course, do as follows
tab. augmentin 1G, 1+0+1 × 4days
tab. Voltaflam 100mg, 1+1+1
do lots of mouth rinsing with lukewarm water. when swelling subsides, go to an experienced Oral surgeon and get both of your upper and lower wisdom teeth extracted.

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Islamabad - Dr. Waqas Javid

Dr. Waqas Javid - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon

BDS, MDS Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Diplomat American Board Of Laser Surgery | Islamabad

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

Dear this can occur due to pocket formation around the erupting wisdom tooth. Food residues gets accumulated there and lead to bacterial growth and infection. You should rinse with warm salt water 4 to 5 times a day, get a chlorhexidine mouthwash and rinse after eating anything and clean this area with a soft tooth brush. You’ll feel relieved. If possible get an OPG X-Ray done and share the picture to further help you.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories