Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Missing Tooth

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 26 years old, lahore cantt

i have recently lost my two (1st,2nd) molars in one side of lower jaw due to bad decay..can you suggest me any treatment method (except implant) to restore my molars with little or no complications in future? complication like, tilting of other teeth and jaw problems

Dentist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Behzad Salahuddin

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Behzad Salahuddin - Dentist

BDS, MSc (London), FICD (USA), CMT (Liverpool), C-Implant, C-Ortho | Lahore

keeping your youth in view, you have InshaAllah a long life ahead of you. the best and the closest to natural solution would be implants. if you have a properly erupted wisdom tooth (3rd molar), you can have a bridge too. but I won't recommend a bridge at your age as it has a finite life span of maximum 15 years or so. as for complications, everything lies in your hand. if you floss, maintain proper hygiene, visit your dentist for a regular 6 monthly check up, hopefully there won't be any complications

Dentist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Agha Suhail

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Agha Suhail - Dentist

BDS, MCPS (Operative Dentistry) | Lahore

review-stars

34 Positive Reviews

Three options: 1. Partial Denture. 2. Dental bridge. 3. Implant .. These are replacement options for the missing molars which you have extracted .... and it’s better to visit a Dentist for consultation and discussion.

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Taha Sohail Moosani

Dr. Taha Sohail Moosani - Dentist

BDS | Karachi

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

Apart from implants the only possible option you are left with is a removable denture.

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Wajiha Anzar

Dr. Wajiha Anzar - Dentist

BDS, Bachelor Of Dental Surgery , MSc. In Community Dentistry | Karachi

review-stars

207 Positive Reviews

If your wisdom tooth of the same side is present then bridge can be given easily.Else dentures can be given or some other type of bridge which can only be told after clinical examination

Member of Marham-Forum

As you are not willing for implants then You can only have bridge when your 3rd molar (erupted and aligned) is there .
If there is no 3rd molar present you can have partial denture .
The problem with partial denture is that patient after few days or months gets really tired of everytime wearing it as definately a plastic no matter how flexible and soft that plastic is ..but still its an artificial thing and you have to wear it .
Rest you can visit clinic to practically discuss the solutions .

Member of Marham-Forum

go for bridge if wisdom is present , and visit clinic for other options

Member of Marham-Forum

Dental Implants are the best replacement option in this case. However, if you are not willing to go for an implant, fixed dental bridge can be the next best option provided your wisdom molar of this side is aligned and completely erupted within the mouth. Another option will be a cast partial denture which can be elaborated as semi fixed prosthesis and the last option is partial denture which is not recommended at all at this age.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories