Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Pain After Root Canal

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 36, Johar Town Lahore

AoA. Had been treating an old bad tooth. Got RCT done in Nov 2019. Had been visiting my doc for dressing every 15 days ever since, with very little improvement. Last week on monday my doc had recommended another 2 day delay so as to do permanent filling as he saw improvement and said he will extract if pain persisits but then all this corona situation worsened and he had to suspend his practice for his patients' safety since WHO is also requiring air borne precaution. unfortunately my temporary filling also came out last week. I have been changing dressing of the filling with cotton soaked in somogel and next time listerine..but now the pain is too much (not much around that tooth though but around the same side forehead temple and eye), Not even going away with pain killer(inflamax flurbiprofen, once daily). Can you please suggest something? Is it safe to visit to get the tooth simply extracted now? I feel the fate of this tooth was extraction anyways. I just delayed waiting for a rec

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Ayesha Khan

Dr. Ayesha Khan - Dentist

BDS , RDS , C-Endo, C-Ortho , C -Implants , C-Clear Aligners ,Certificate In Implantology | Islamabad

review-stars

727 Positive Reviews

Dear patient quite sad to know
if pain is unbearable then unfortunately you have to get it removed
yes visit the dentist with all necessary protocols like ur gloves mask n hand sanitizer along with u
also ensure u visit a place where doc n assistant follows the protocol as well ...
stay safe n healthy

Post Owner

JazakAllah Dr Sahiba..can u pls suggest any antibiotic for sinus pain due to tooth now and antipain for regular pain....trying to manage before i visit a clinicx till situation improves for corona....

4 years ago

Dentist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Omer Awan

Dr. Omer Awan - Dentist

BDS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

You should try saving it even if there is a small chance!

Post Owner

Many thanks Dr. sb

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

if you can't find a doctor, nd not reilived by pain killers,,, then you need to go to hospital for extraction,,, it is best to delay due to crona

Post Owner

JazakAllah Dr. sb

4 years ago

Dentist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abid Mahmood

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abid Mahmood - Dentist

BDS , MCPS Oral & Maxillo-Facial Surgery | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

can you tell exactly which tooth is this, do you have any xrays of this tooth? can you provide these information? can you get an xrays of this tooth and upload?

Post Owner

Its the 3rd tooth after my canine on left side. xray is almost 5 month old when i got RCT Dr. sb....JazakAllah

4 years ago

Dentist in Peshawar - Dr. Yusaf Imran

Dr. Yusaf Imran - Dentist

BDS , MDS (Orthodontics) | Peshawar

review-stars

64 Positive Reviews

Get a telemedicine appointment and we will discuss it in detail.

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Saqib Kaleem

Dr. Saqib Kaleem - Dentist

BDS, MS (Oral and Maxillofacial) C-Facial Aesthetics, C-Implant, C-Endo | Karachi

review-stars

76 Positive Reviews

it can still be saved .... do.you have any post operative radiograph of.the tooth?
you can only take medicines for now and get it done as soon as the lockdown ends. there are some clinics opened for emergency procedures, you can visit there

Post Owner

JazakAllah Dr sb...can you plz suggest a pain killer with dosage so i can manage meanwhile. do i need to take antibiotics after my sinus eye pain...have already done 3 course in the last 5 months

4 years ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Saqib Kaleem
Dr. Saqib Kaleem - Dentist

BDS, MS (Oral and Maxillofacial) C-Facial Aesthetics, C-Implant, C-Endo | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 76 Positive Reviews

oral antibiotics arent suiting you as you said in your history ... either go to any govt. hospital for drainage of pus if swelling is large since govt hospitals are always open for emergency. take synflex 550mg for now as pain killer and get any treatment of start IV antibiotics accordingly

4 years ago

Dentist in Peshawar - Dr. Yusaf Imran

Dr. Yusaf Imran - Dentist

BDS , MDS (Orthodontics) | Peshawar

review-stars

64 Positive Reviews

You have to talk to a dentist over telemedicine or face to face . Treatment over forums can have problems in treatment

Post Owner

JazakAllah Dr. sb

4 years ago

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Rabia Ejaz Yousaf

Dr. Rabia Ejaz Yousaf - Dentist

BDS, MDS Operative Dentistry | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

aoa . i guess vr unable to safe the tooth now. u have to go for extraction in any case. but in current situation. u can start antibiotics n painkiller to get rid of pain

Post Owner

JazakAllah Dr. sb...i am requesting for antibiotic and antipain options and especially their dosage...i have already done 3 courses of antibiotics in kast 5 months.

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories