Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Receding Gums

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 21 years old, islamabad, Pakistan

I went to a dentist today. I got scaling and polishing done on my teeth. After this my lower teeth roots are exposed now. She prescribed me ENZICLOR gel and said that the gums will cover the exposed area with in a month. This exposed area gives me discomfort. Will it cover or not? Moreover when i apply the gel my mouth becomes so watery in a few minutes.

Dentist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abid Mahmood

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abid Mahmood - Dentist

BDS , MCPS Oral & Maxillo-Facial Surgery | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

at younger age there are chances that the gums can grow little bit, depending upon the circumstances. follow the instructions strictly and maintain oral hygiene with proper brushing method.

Post Owner

From past 3 days I am having discomfort around my teeth.When i close my mouth and my upper teeth comes in contact with my lower teeth it feels strange. I am having gum recession at my lower two teeth. I think i m having gum disease. Today i also got infection around my eyes which i searched and found out it is due to dental infection. I have isolated myself and cannot go to a dentist. Can you please help doctor? What should I do.

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Hello,
The exposed surfaces of teeth must be covered earlier with the heavy deposits or calculus and recession of gums occurs when there is deposits of calculus which you can't remove from brushing, it leads to inflammation of gums and with the time causes gum recession. They can't come back. You need to visit dentist there are other procedures can be done to avoid discomfort.

Post Owner

From past 3 days I am having discomfort around my teeth.When i close my mouth and my upper teeth comes in contact with my lower teeth it feels strange. I am having gum recession at my lower two teeth. I think i m having gum disease. Today i also got infection around my eyes which i searched and found out it is due to dental infection. I have isolated myself and cannot go to a dentist. Can you please help doctor? What should I do.

3 years ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Zaid Iqbal Arain

Dr. Zaid Iqbal Arain - Dentist

BDS, MDS , C-Endo, C-Ortho | Karachi

review-stars

14 Positive Reviews

REVOMET PLUS GEL IS MORE GOOD FOR GINGIVAL REGROWTH AND IF THIS WILL NOT WORK WELL WE WILL DO LITTLE SURGERY FOR GINGIVAL TISSUR GRAFTING ON THAT AREA.

Post Owner

3 years ago

Dentist in Peshawar - Dr. Yusaf Imran

Dr. Yusaf Imran - Dentist

BDS , MDS (Orthodontics) | Peshawar

review-stars

64 Positive Reviews

Bring your complete previous case file to us and we will give you the best options available for treatment of your periodontal issues . Yusaf Dental Practice

Member of Marham-Forum

It took time for gums to recede. And it will take time to recover. Maintain your Oral hygiene.

Dentist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Abdul Rehman Talat

Your gums took time to recede.They will recover to some extent but you have to be patient and maintain your oral hygiene.

Post Owner

3 years ago

Dentist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Maaz Qureshi

Dr. Maaz Qureshi - Dentist

BDS, FCPS (Prosthodontics) Dip Restorative Dentistry | Rawalpindi

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

Aoa. Your lower teeth roots were already exposed which means the gums had receded in that area due to the infection of gums. What your dentist did is absolutely correct. The reason you didnt feel any sensitivity earlier is that the exposed part of the roots was covered by calculus (tartar). Now that it is exposed to the oral environment, you feel it. Total reversibility of this condition is most likely not possible but you’ll feel better in few days with supportive measures. If not, you are most welcome to visit us for other treatment modalities that might be helpful in this regard.

Post Owner

3 years ago

Post Owner

3 years ago

Dentist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Omer Awan

Dr. Omer Awan - Dentist

BDS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

Yes maam to some extent it will but will not be covering the whole roots. This is due to poor oral hygiene —->Chronic inflammation —-> receding bone level —-> gingival recession (gums level goes down) —> exposed roots/ sensitivity/ increased tooth mobility.

Post Owner

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories