Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Skin Peeling Off After Brushing

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 19 years old, Lahore

When i brush my teeth, the skin of my mouth peels off when i rub my tongue against my mouth. Should i be concerned or it is normal?

Dentist in Samundri - Dr. Sobia Zulfaqar

Dr. Sobia Zulfaqar - Dentist

BDS, C-orth | Samundri

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

Hey there. No need to worry at all , this can happen to anyone when you brush your teeth with more than necessary force so all you have to do is to buy a tooth brush with soft bristles and brush your teeth with gentle force.

Post Owner

Yes i brushed with gentle force today and it is totally fine now. Thanks!!

4 years ago

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Ayesha Khan

Dr. Ayesha Khan - Dentist

BDS , RDS , C-Endo, C-Ortho , C -Implants , C-Clear Aligners ,Certificate In Implantology | Islamabad

review-stars

718 Positive Reviews

Dear concerned patient ideal would be to show this to dentist 1st to avoid anything serious

Dentist in Peshawar - Prof. Dr. Shakeel Ur Rehman Khattak

Prof. Dr. Shakeel Ur Rehman Khattak - Dentist

BDS, FCPS , Msc | Peshawar

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

better get checked as not cleared how bad is problem

Post Owner

No the problem is not bad at all. It's painless and only peels off when i rub my tongue against my mouth otherwise it does not.

4 years ago

Dentist in Samundri - Dr. Sobia Zulfaqar

Dr. Sobia Zulfaqar - Dentist

BDS, C-orth | Samundri

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

Thats Good

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Ahad Shabbir

Assalam o Alikum
mucosal membrane (the inner cheek and gum skin) is a delicate structure, it can often peel due to excessive force of brushing. as long as it is painless there is nothing to worry about , however if you feel sensitivity during the consumption of spicy food or hot drinks then its better to get a checkup done.
please add in a dietary vitamin C source in your daily routine and have a look at some animated videos on "how to brush" as there might be some odd angle of brushing that is causing the peel off.

best regards
Dr Muhammad Ahad Shabbir

Dentist in Muzaffar Garh - Dr. Muhammad Siddique Arain

Dr. Muhammad Siddique Arain - Dentist

BDS, RDS, OMSB (Muscat Oman) | Muzaffar Garh

review-stars

51 Positive Reviews

No it's not You should Contact Dentist through Marham

Member of Marham-Forum

Well Maam, peeled off skin or gums are not good to maintain in mouth as they could be inflamed or fragile (weak), especially when doing brushing or chewing. You need to consult a dentist for its immediate consultation regarding the cause, symptoms (like pain, swelling, bleeding etc) and its relevant treatment options.

Dentist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Misbah Murtaza Khan

Well Mam, peeled off skin or gums are not good to maintain in mouth as they could be inflamed or fragile (weak), especially when doing brushing or chewing. You need to consult a dentist for its immediate consultation regarding the cause, symptoms (like pain, swelling, bleeding etc) and its relevant treatment options.

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Multan - Dr. Shahzad Hussain

Dr. Shahzad Hussain - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon

BDS, FCPS, C-Implants | Multan

review-stars

99 Positive Reviews

Its not normal, you should get yourself examined for this condition and if its not possible for a check up, initially you can shift to a Soft brush (colgate slim soft), issue would resolve, and if it persists, then go for a check up

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Shamyla Sajjad

Dr. Shamyla Sajjad - Dentist

BDS, MCPS (Family Dentistry), C- Ortho, C- Implant, Fellowship in Laser Dentistry | Islamabad

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

kindly use a soft tooth brush, whose bristles are gentle on your oral mucosa( its the inner lining of the mouth). place the brush at 45degree angle and give circular motions.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories