Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Eye Surgeon on Blurred Vision After Glaucoma Surgery

person-avatar

Asking for Father, Male, 51 years old, Kot Addu

My father was diagnosed with glaucome almost a couple of years back. He has been using the eye drops to control the glaucoma since then. Recently his doctor advised him to go for a surgery. My father's vision got blurred after the surgery. There were some complications in the surgery as told by the doctor and so he had to operate 3 times to remove the complications. The blurred vision did get better but its still blurred. After my father's recent checkup with the doctor, the doctor told us that he has now got cataracts in the same eye. So another operation is needed to remove that and then lenses will be fixed in the eye to remove the blurred vision. I wanted to ask if this is something that happens sometimes with glaucoma surgery or did the surgery go wrong?

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Syed Abdullah Mazhar

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Syed Abdullah Mazhar - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, MRCS | Lahore

review-stars

79 Positive Reviews

cataract and glaucoma are 2 different diseases. cataract can occur due to complication or due to old age. so without knowing what complication occured during glaucoma surgery, it is difficult to say that cataract is due to glaucoma surgery or a seperate phenomena.

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Huma Kayani

Prof. Dr. Huma Kayani - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, FRCS (UK), VR Fellowship (USA), CAAAM | Lahore

review-stars

976 Positive Reviews

It’s common to get cataract after glaucoma surgery. It could be there even side by side with glaucoma.
The vision usually gets improved after cataract surgery if that is what is the cause of blurring of vision.

Post Owner

Dear Prof Huma Kayani thank you for your response. Additionally, is it possible to know the possible reason of blurred vision before the cataract surgery?

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Diseases releated to Eye Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories