Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Eye Surgeon on Weak Eyesight And Squint

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 1.5 years old, Rawalpindi

My daughter is 1.5 months old and she has weak eyesight since birth +5.50 and squint too a lil bit i just wanna ask that how come the baby has weak eyesight since birth what factor did contribute her to hav a weak eyesight since birth ? And what steps should i take to improve her eyesight ? She does wear glasses too but for a short span of time otherwise she throws it away Ps I myself wear glasses

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Nabeel Iqbal

Asst. Prof. Dr. Nabeel Iqbal - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, MRCS | Lahore

review-stars

87 Positive Reviews

hi children at this age usually has glasses number of plus power but we have to concern more if the child also has squint the retina should also be checked. is the squint of eye inward outward? and does the squint of eyes improve with glasses or not

Post Owner

The squint is inward dr and it is just with one eye she doesnt hav that much squinted eyes but till now she has started wearing glasses since she turned 1 year like only 4 month she has started wearing glasses but not that much improvemt

4 years ago

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Brig R Muhammad Manzoor Awan

Dr. Brig R Muhammad Manzoor Awan - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, OJT Vitreo-Retina | Lahore

review-stars

54 Positive Reviews

It is physiological hypermetropia at birth which gradually improves with age.Can how much is degree of squint associated. Please do visit for clinic evaluation and detailed advice

Post Owner

The squint is inward dr and it is just with one eye she doesnt hav that much squinted eyes but till now she has started wearing glasses since she turned 1 year like only 4 month she has started wearing glasses but not that much improvemt

4 years ago

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Brig R Muhammad Manzoor Awan
Dr. Brig R Muhammad Manzoor Awan - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, OJT Vitreo-Retina | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 54 Positive Reviews

Please consult an ophthalmologist for a detailed evaluation

4 years ago

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Syed Abdullah Mazhar

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Syed Abdullah Mazhar - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, MRCS | Lahore

review-stars

79 Positive Reviews

usually children have this number at this age but it is of concern if child has squint and deviation of eyes. if eyes are deviated inward then this number is very significant..so baby should wear glasses and if it doesnt improve with glasses then surgery is needed

Post Owner

The squint is inward dr and it is just with one eye she doesnt hav that much squinted eyes but till now she has started wearing glasses since she turned 1 year like only 4 month she has started wearing glasses but not that much improvemt And which age is best for surgery

4 years ago

MBBS, FCPS, MRCS | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 79 Positive Reviews

as soon as possible if not corrected with glasses

4 years ago

Post Owner

But dr i want to ask one thing that alhamdollilah right from the begiiinning like when she was small uptill now 15 months she can see everything clearly without glasses also and with glasses too though she has weak eyesight how is that possible. ?

4 years ago

MBBS, FCPS, MRCS | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 79 Positive Reviews

well i can only tell only after examination that whether she has weak eye sight or muscle imbalance which is causing squint

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Diseases releated to Eye Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories