Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Practitioner on Chlamydia Symptoms Not Fading Away

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 32 years old, Poland

Hello, I've been tested positive for Chlamydia trachomatis. Doctor presribed me Doxycilne. My symptoms were: itching, a little burning while urinating (mild) and watery discharge during the day, milky after night.

My biggest worry is that Ive been already taking Doxycline 100mg twice day for 7 days, and I still have symptoms. Of course my condition have improved - there is no more burining while urinating and itching is much rarer, but what worries me the most is that I still have disharge from urethra during the day and the same amout of milky discharge after night. Now its 8th day and Im going to take 100mg/day for next 6 days untill Im out of antybiotic.

But my question is. Is it normal to still have symptoms after 1 week of treatement? Wherever I read its always written that discharge should fade away after 1 week of taking doxycyline.

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Hifza Zubair

Dr. Hifza Zubair - General Practitioner

MBBS, FCPS I | Lahore

review-stars

45 Positive Reviews

Are u married? If yes, then your partner should also be evaluated.

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Shakeela Rehman

If you are married then ur wife should also be evaluated. If you are single then you should take tablet Novidate 500 mg 2 times a day for 7 days and cap revital one daily at night for 30 days and tablet flagyll 400 MG three times a day for 3 days. You should take plantey of fruits, vegetables and water. Inshallah will be come better.

Post Owner

I made another thread by mistake but was recommended to try Azithromycin. Would that help as well ?

2 years ago

Gynecologist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Qudsia Khan

Dr. Qudsia Khan - Gynecologist

MBBS , FCPS (obstetricians & gynecology) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

Your wife will have same medications for 14 days, Capsule Doxy 100mg twice daily tablet flagyl for 7 days, 2 capsule azomax once, 2 capsule caricef once. Start both of you same regimen at the same time.

Post Owner

Yes but as I said Ive been already taking Doxycyline 2xday for 7 days and 1x100mg for 3 days (still have 3 dozez left for 3 days). Unfortunately I still have some itching and discharge from urethra. Maybe im exaggerating and symptoms will fade away any soon ?

2 years ago

MBBS , FCPS (obstetricians & gynecology) | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 1 Positive Reviews

You will be asymptomatic soon but sometimes the infection is resistant.so the advice is this that these 4 medicines are a course for ur infection and start taking them from begining once again but thing is this both partners should take it at the same time.Thanks

2 years ago

Yes azomax is same azithromycin

2 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you very much for your answer. I really appreciate. But I have 1 more question since Doctor above suggested taking flagyll as well. I didnt make test for Trichomonas vaginalis. But my girlfriend doesnt have Trichomonas vaginalis symptoms. Her disharge was white (not yellow or green) and doxycyline seems to be working on her but no on me. She has disharge no more. Should I also consider taking flagyll then ?

2 years ago

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

Yes flagyl work for both chlamydia as well as trichomatis.Thanku

Post Owner

Ok thank you very much <3

2 years ago

Welcome

2 years ago

Post Owner

Hallo. I've been taking doxycyline once again twice a day and took 1g of azithromycin 2 days ago. I still have doxyciline for 5 days of treatment. Before taking azithromycin my discharge was almost gone, but it was still there. (much less though) But after taking azithromycin my disharge has intensified. Is this normal ? I know its only been two days since taking azithromycin but Im starting to worry maybe I could have Neisseria gonorrhoeae ? Maybe thats why I cant get rid of discharge from urethra ? Its watery though and cloudy after night. Not yellow or anything simmilar to Neisseria symptoms.

2 years ago

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

Stop azithromycin and continue with doxy just.yes it could be neissaria as all are STDs.If doxycyclin doesnt work even after 14 days then we can switch to other alternatives

Post Owner

I took 1g single dose of azithromycin. Ive been taking doxyciline already for 22 days by now.

2 years ago

Post Owner

Any ideas why it made my symptoms worse after taking azythromicyn ? I dont understand it. What may cause such interaction that my urethris renewed? I made additional PCR tests for trichomoniasis and gonorrhoea just in case. Maybe I missed something? In the beginning of my infection I had huge discharge watery with white stuff and pain during ejaculation.

I also discussed my problem with one doctor and he said my chlamydial infection could be complicated, bacteria could reach deeper parts where doxycyline cant reach so well - that would explain why doxycyline is causing 75% improvement in dealing with my symptoms but not entirely. If yes then how you treat complicated chlamydia and how you diagnose it? Another idea was that it could be parallel STD, so I was presribed Metronizadol just in case I had trichomoniasis.

2 years ago

Post Owner

I made test for more STDs. Both tests negative, urine test towards chlamydia also negative (probably because of antibiotic treatment). I wish it came up positive so they see why doxycyline is working so slow on me. Doxycline is improving my discharge very slowly, but I still have mild urethritis symptoms. Itching (sometimes), white marks on underwear (although its hard to squeeze any drop from urethra during the day now), 1 big drop of yellow substance after night when I squeeze my urethra in the morning. My guess is that im gonna countinue taking doxycyline and keep doing that if it keeps improving and then Ill stop in 2 weeks. If my urethris comes back I ll test urine towards chlamydia together with antibiotic that will work for it. I didnt try erythromycin but azythromycin made my symptons worse so its my last chance.

2 years ago

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

I told you to take tablet flagyl as well with doxycyclin for 7 days twice daily. Its metronidazole.Stop doxycyclin now.Just take tablet flagyl.STDs is a combined infection,one infection may corxist with other infection.

Post Owner

Problem is I already took metronizadol 2g in 1 dose and it didint help at all. Im running out of ideas. Thats why Im asking.

2 years ago

Ok its not in a single dose take it daily twice for 7 days

2 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online