Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Speech Therapist on Mild Degree Of Hearing Loss Bilateral

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 3 years old, Rawalpindi

Aoa When my son was 2 y 8 m old speech delay was observed and ENT suggested for BERA in august 2021. Result was response up to 30 db and ENT said it’s normal. Now My son is of 3.5 years and there is still no improvement in speech. Now my question is that 30 db comes under mild impairment can it be the cause of speech delay? What is the treatment for hearing ?

Member of Marham-Forum

AoA . yes hearing loss is the cause of speech delay. again complete assessment in children hospital feroze pur road Lahore. Then start speech and language Therapy . dear can you call me?

Speech Therapist in Rawalpindi - Saira Abbasi
Saira Abbasi - Speech Therapist

MS in Speech & language Therapy | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 20 Positive Reviews

Walikumsalam yes hearing is the main reason so plz visit speech therapist so that u timely start speech session n can u please tell me that audiologist recommend u hearing aids or not

2 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

yes it is the cause of speech delay. we talk when we hear. if i have a defective or less hearing, how can i be able to talk properly? and moreover u should be recommended hearing aids if your child's hearing is compromised.

Member of Marham-Forum

approach audiologist that person will guide you about hearing aids after using hearing aids start therapy

Member of Marham-Forum

Thanks for the advice. I have consulted ENT and as per his advice it’s because of flu and he has advised some Medicine for that. I’m already having speech therapy for the son…. Thanks for advice.

Member of Marham-Forum

30db isn't much loss.consult speech therapist.

Member of Marham-Forum

I m in Rawalpindi u can also consult me

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories