Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Dental Bridge Suggestion

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 25 years old, Faisalabad

So, 6 months back my upper first molar tooth got removed because it was completely decayed. To cover it my dentist suggested fixed metal bridges and I got them 3 months back. He placed bridge crowns on the upper second premolar and second molar tooth. The bridges are fine but it's just that they don't look real and I have that metal black lining at the bridges gum which decreases my confidence level. My doctor then suggested me Zirconia crowns but I'm not sure about them. What if they don't look aesthetically good too? How long the Zirconia crowns last? Please suggest me the best option in such case and also the best dentist in Faisalabad/Rawalpindi who deals with dental bridges. Thank you!

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Saad Naveed

Dr. Saad Naveed - Dentist

BDS, MCPS | Lahore

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

The bridge should have had subgingival margins specially on the premolar, if the margins were subgingival even the porcelain metal crowns would have been fine aesthetically. Now that you are getting them replaced, you should definitely go for zirconium

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Imran Zia

Dr. Imran Zia - Dentist

BDS (Pb) , RDS , C-Implants (Korea) | Lahore

review-stars

372 Positive Reviews

Aoa. You have got PFM( porcelain fused with metal) type of bridge that can be excellent if made by qualified experienced dental technician's lab. However zirconia is of a class of dental restorations. Zirconia lasts for so many years. You can contact MARHAM for further procedure. Regards

Dentist in Peshawar - Prof. Dr. Shakeel Ur Rehman Khattak

Prof. Dr. Shakeel Ur Rehman Khattak - Dentist

BDS, FCPS , Msc | Peshawar

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

I agree with colleagues .if PFM done correctly can work as good as zirconium or ceramic bridges.
material make tooth prep by dentist and patient all decide longevity of any restoration.
multiple factor governs life span of prosthesis.

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Aishah Aijaz

Dr. Aishah Aijaz - Dentist

Dentistry, Masters of Public Health | Karachi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

I ve no idea about any good dentist in fsd/rwp.i think there should not be any aesthetic concern if the bridge are placed on posterior teeth.but if u r still concerned then go get zirconia crowns done but porcelain crowns are good too if made nicely.u need to consult a good dentist who is not just making money from u.

Dentist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Agha Suhail

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Agha Suhail - Dentist

BDS, MCPS (Operative Dentistry) | Lahore

review-stars

34 Positive Reviews

Madam you have asked 3 questions :
1. When aesthetics is the main concern then one should go for Zirconia crowns [as it’s a metal free crown].
2. The life span of a zirconia crowns/bridge is life time .
3. The best option is definitely Zinconia crowns/bridge, don’t know about Rawalpindi but regarding Faisalabad you can attain my services through Marham ...
Hope your queries are entertained ..

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories