Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Facial Pain

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 34, Islamabad

i am suffering from right side facial pain. initially it was from jaw and going to face. and i was unable to identify which tooth is hurting. but latter different teeth used to get a painful sensation. but when dentist examined and xray/OPG etc all done.. my teeth used to appear perfectly fine. daily i am having this pain. and not a single day without it. its been aprox 2.5 years or more now. used lyrica 150 mg twice a day for 4 months. zeegap 150mg twice a day. with both tablets i used tegrol too. nothing helped me. went to a rhymetologist he gav a injection on my jaw (identifying it as TMJ) but again no cure. used night guard in upper jaw first (day night both times for months) and then night guard in lower jaw..no solution to my pain at all... i am sick of this now and its giving me depression like hell. now i can feel pain only starts from one of my lower jaw tooth and sometimes from upper jaw tooth. i have been to almost all good and reknowned dentists isb. please help me.

Dentist in Muzaffar Garh - Dr. Muhammad Siddique Arain

Dr. Muhammad Siddique Arain - Dentist

BDS, RDS, OMSB (Muscat Oman) | Muzaffar Garh

review-stars

51 Positive Reviews

Send me OPG pic

Member of Marham-Forum

TMPDS requires both non pharmacological and pharmacological management. Taking drugs alone without any lifestyle modifications will not be very beneficial. You’re welcome to visit us for a free consultation today so we can talk thorough details. Thank you.

Post Owner

life style modifications = i was asked to avoid hard food. do not open my mouth wide for laughter or sneezing. and use night gurds initially at nights and latter 24 hours.
is anything more ?

5 years ago

Like I said, you can come in for a free consultation as it is next to impossible to comment without examining. Thank you.

5 years ago

Post Owner

sure doctor. i will be visiting you soon. let me collect my OPG from my dentist.
are you available on saturday ?

Regards,
Asma

5 years ago

The clinic will be open. However, call us Atleast a day before coming to confirm an appointment.

5 years ago

Dentist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Agha Suhail

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Agha Suhail - Dentist

BDS, MCPS (Operative Dentistry) | Lahore

review-stars

34 Positive Reviews

Can we get OPG picture .... Also need to know the characteristics features regarding pain as you might be suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia ...!!!!!

Post Owner

Pain starts from base of one tooth most (lower jaw) and only sometimes from exact one tooth (upper jaw). both these teeth face each other in allignment.. and this pain radiats to the end (towards ear). when dentist in physical examination hits my teeth i dnt feel the pain. my jaw does have clinching sound oftenly but pain is not related to jaw moment. never experienced any difficulty while chweing or talking. i hav tried staying mute whole day to see if i get the pain and result was negative as doesnt matter i am fasting or mute, i get this pain.
as far trigimneuliagia dentist checked that too and investigated. but they says its TMJ.

OPG i will be sharing tomorrow as its with my dentist right now.

5 years ago

Dentist in Peshawar - Prof. Dr. Shakeel Ur Rehman Khattak

Prof. Dr. Shakeel Ur Rehman Khattak - Dentist

BDS, FCPS , Msc | Peshawar

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

aoa dear
i agree its hard to bear this pain. will need to evaluate the case on ground.as you attempted most of common remedies for tmd and neuralgias.
will need to diagnose your case before any treatment .
i will appreciate if you can tell what relieves your pain.
best regards

Post Owner

Hi, nothing at all is helping unless I go to sleep. Recently I discovered that my pain improves if sit near heater. Therefore, I try to give heat waves to my face.. that gives me relief atleast when i am giving heat. then i after some time pain comes back gradually.

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories