Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Scaling Of Teeth

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 25, Karachi

Hi doctors, I have some questions about scaling, Me daily brush krta hu but still my teeth is yellow, someone suggest me to do scaling idk about scaling any side effect of this. and someone told me that ke after scaling your pink gums will be getting black automatically is that true? and one more question yeh cosmetic me ata hai? like company se claim hojayega? and receipt per kya mention hoga if anyone is from karachi please tell me the charges as well

Best Regards

Dentist in Faisalabad - Dr. Mubrrah Nisar

Dr. Mubrrah Nisar - Dentist

BDS, RDS | Faisalabad

review-stars

14 Positive Reviews

aoa, scaling sy teeth sy hard deposit remove hota hy, or whitening procedure sy teeth white hoty hein...no side effects of scaling..even it is necessary for healthy gums... yes you can claim for receipt.( I am not from Karachi ... ) Good luck

Post Owner

thanks for help

1 year ago

Member of Marham-Forum

get scaling done. it's a safe and routine procedure for maintenance of oral hygiene.
u can get the claim as it is not a cosmetics procedure
charges depends upon condition of teeth and number of visits

Post Owner

Hi
I just check on my panel they added exclusion of scaling and polishing they wont pay me for this but i asked management about gum treatment they said gum treatment is covered so im confused can you please tell me this scaling snd polishing also under of gum treatment if yes and what will you write on recipt
and please tell me your clinic loc

1 year ago

Dentist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abid Mahmood

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abid Mahmood - Dentist

BDS , MCPS Oral & Maxillo-Facial Surgery | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

scaling is never a beautification procedure, it's first step taken to treat the gum diseases. scaling can whiten the teeth if the yellowness is due to tartar deposits. scaling does not cause any damage to the gums neither darkens the colour of them, rather it makes them healthy looking.
some companies don't pay for scaling, may be due to some misunderstanding, you can get a receipt mentioning gum & periodontal treatment. charges vary depending, from 5-15 k.

Post Owner

thanks for clarification

1 year ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Arfa Saeed

Dr. Arfa Saeed - Dentist

BDS | Karachi

review-stars

36 Positive Reviews

Hello
This is Dr. Arfa Saeed
No dear. there are no such kind of adverse effects of scaling. Scaling se apk teeth k stains and tartar remove hota hai. scaling k baad apkk gums ki condition behtar Hoti hai . wo healthy pink colour k ho Jate hai. black gums scaling ki waja se nhi hote . black gums un patients k hote hai Jo smoking karte hai ya jinka pehle se koi infection chal rha ho gums k andar . scalings se koi nuqsan nhi hota .apk gums behtari ki taraf jate hai . baqi rahi bt cost ki Tu it depends k apka case major hai ya Minor and yes company panel mei ye included hota hai .ap apni amount reimburse Kar skti hai ..mere majority patients company k hi hote Ha and I ll give them a certificate for reimbursement for their amount.
My clinic is in Nazimabad .You can visit me if you want a secure and painless treatment.
Regard
Dr Arfa Saeed
Dr Saeed Dental Surgery & Medical Care

Post Owner

Hi
I just check on my panel they added exclusion of scaling and polishing they wont pay me for this but i asked management about gum treatment they said gum treatment is covered so im confused can you please tell me this scaling snd polishing also under of gum treatment if yes and what will you write on recipt

1 year ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Sadaf

scaling se gums kabhi black nai hote na hi scaling k koi aur as such side effects hote hain cost or company se claim ki baat to wo ap ki company panel pe hogi to hojaenge reimburse charges vary karte hain har clinic k or apke teeth ki condition pe b depend karta hai for further queries kindly whatsapp on the number mentioned below in the picture.

Post Owner

Hi,
I just check on my panel they added exclusion of scaling and polishing but they are saying gum treatment is coverd so I am confused can you please tell me in receipt what you'll write?

1 year ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Sadaf

I can write gum treatment as scaling is a treatment of gums also.

1 year ago

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Saad Humayun

Dr. Saad Humayun - Dentist

BDS, RDS, C-Implants, C-Endo. | Karachi

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

Assalamualaikum brother,
Scaling is a maintenance procedure which involves removal of tartar and calculus ( which is damaging the underlying gums and bone, it also gives a yellow tinge effect on teeth).
So basically this procedure actually protects your teeth in the long run and you also get a pleasant smile in return...
And yes usually companies scaling procedures.
Regards

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories