Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on AFI 21cm At 34+5 Weeks

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 33, Lahore

AoA, I am IVF pregnant, embryo was healthy when transferred Alhamdulilah, throughout my pregnancy I used Progifikk tablet and loprin. All was going fine. when I done growth Doppler scan it showed 2 weeks ahead growth of baby. Now its my 34+5 week according to LMP and scan showed 36+ weeks,difference of 15 days. now the problem is AFI is 21cm but I have no gestational diabetes, my OGTT was normal and within range. Now my question is AFI high and dangerous for myself and baby? what should I do to get it normal. My 9th month is almost started. please help dear doctors, I m worried as it is my precious pregnancy, conceived after 10yrs of my marriage through IVF.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif

Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif - Gynecologist

MBBS , FCPS , MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) , Diploma (Health Professions Education) , FRCOG | Lahore

review-stars

480 Positive Reviews

You need to get steroid cover GOR baby lung development. Serial ultrasound needed every 10-14 days. You can go into preterm labour but then 35 weeks is also good enough gestational age with less baby problems if you deliver spontaneously. You still can go ahead another 2 weeks.

Post Owner

i have taken Dexa Injections 4 weeks back for baby's lung maturity.

2 years ago

Gynecologist in Hyderabad - Dr. Anila Mujadid Qureshi

Dr. Anila Mujadid Qureshi - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Hyderabad

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

afi ipto 25 is normal

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Rakhshanda Nahid

Dr. Rakhshanda Nahid - Gynecologist

MBBS, DOWH, MRCP, MRCOG part 2 | Lahore

Your condition i.e increased AFI is medically called polyhydramnios.it is not usually a sign of anything serious but you probably have some extra check ups,tests to look for causes of polyhydramnios such as blood test for diabetes and ultrasound to rule out fetal cause and test to rule out infections.After giving birth,your baby will have examination to check they are healthy and they have some test .for example a tube is passed down their throat to check for a problem with their gut.but most babies whose mothers have polyhydramnios will be healthy

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Rabia Wajid

Dr. Rabia Wajid - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

106 Positive Reviews

AFI is normal upto 25.
Be in touch with your doctors for regular antenatal visits.
Everything will be fine.
Neonatalogist should be present at the time of delivery

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories