Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on All Fetal Parameters Are 3 Weeks Small

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 24 years old, Karachi

I'm 38 weeks pregnant but my baby's growth has been stopped since 2 weeks. BPD, HC, FL are of 36 weeks while AC is of 35 weeks by date. EFW is 2.7 kg (+/- 650gms) i.e only 12%. I'm taking proper diet and iron, calcium supplements and my own weight gain is about half to one kg in every 10 days. This weight gain has not changed my physique except the belly. But still, Baby weight is not increasing even a bit, not even any parameter has increased by date since last 2 weeks. I'm having CTG every alternate day and have done doppler, everything is coming normal in these reports. Movements are also good. But NO FETAL GROWTH! Please suggest me why is this happening and what should I do? Any medicines or any supplements?

Gynecologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Tehmina Noor

Asst. Prof. Dr. Tehmina Noor - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gynecology & Obstetrics), MCPS (Gynecology & Obstetrics) | Lahore

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

Aoa if according to early USG and your Last periods you are 38 weeks. You should follow your doctor advise and go for delivery. Thanks

Member of Marham-Forum

This is called IUGR and could indicate that blood supply to your baby is slowly reducing . Since you are already 38 weeks by dates and early scans then it is better to consult your doctor and deliver the baby . For detailed evaluation you can schedule an appointment

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Rabia Wajid

Dr. Rabia Wajid - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

106 Positive Reviews

I think you should see an expert gynaecologist who will make the correct diagnosis.
If the baby is showing slow growth , you should go for delivery, otherwise wait for 2 weeks

Member of Marham-Forum

I'm visiting a gynae in Aga khan hosp, karachi and she also advised me to deliver by IOL. But when she did my internal checkup 2 days ago, the baby had not dropped down according to her and the uterus was not prepared to deliver (this is what she told me after examination). She prescribed me CTG and that came good alhamdulillah and movements were fine so she suggested to wait a week.
Is it okay to wait as she also said that head has not come down yet. Or should I go for IOL?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories