Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Apirin Medicine

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 28 years old, Riyadh

I went to doctor in 27 week of pregnancy, I had acidity, she prescribed me aspirin for it. I took it for 2 weeks than I left it and now I am 33 weeks pregnant. Doctor questioned why I discontinued it, It was for the placenta but initially she said to take it for your acidity and that would not help you much but still take it as it is general in pregnancy. Now today during my visit she said donot take it again because you've already left it for a long time. My questions are: 1) is there any connection of aspirin and placenta? 2) Have I done any mistake by leaving that medicine? 3) Today thouroughly looking at my ultrasound doctor inquried about my height. I am curious now is there any link of mother and baby's height, weight?

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Romana Amir

Dr. Romana Amir - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

425 Positive Reviews

salaam. Aspirin has a good effec on placental function and better out come. don't worry it was done by mistake. if baby growth and doppler studies are fine nothing to worry.

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-aspirin is blood thinning medications advised in some specific conditions in pregnancy like high blood pressure, previous multiple miscarriages, bad obstetrical history (previous intrauterine Death).
-it helps to continue blood flow to baby and avoid interruption in flow.
-medicine was given to avoid any interruption in blood flow. So was needed to continue till specific time not til' day of delivery.
Height and weight normally measure in last weeks of pregnancy matter as need to calculate regular gradual increase in both according to gestational age.
-have balanced diet regular Antenatal visits and scans.
-best of luck.

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

223 Positive Reviews

Aoa
1-Aspirin is a blood thinner-basically given to improve blood supply
2-perhaps ur attending OBG can answer this query properly
3-i guess no-baby weight all depends on his blood supply-sum r small constitutionally if rest of parameters r normal-small mothers do giv birth to big babies and vice versa-
tc

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories