Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Hydronephrosis

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 30 years old, Khi

I am 28 weeks pregnant ,just got my fetal growth scan done and the report shows bilateral hydronephrosis with left dilatation moderate and right dilatation severe. I am attaching report below , can any doctor please guide me what would be the next steps to be done for the well being of the child and do we need to deliver the baby early like 36 weeks or something

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

225 Positive Reviews

Aoa
its not clear tht who is hvg the problem so i ll suggest following:
1:if u r diagnosed wth the said condition then u need to c a nephrologist
2:if baby has this condition then u r suppose to c a consultant in fetal medicine

Post Owner

The baby is hvg as per ultrasound , but since the baby isn't delivered yet so what can be done at the moment. Do we have to wait for delivery and if so ,can we go full term with the pregnancy?

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem
Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 225 Positive Reviews

On the safe side repeat ultrasound from some good expert-
how much is the fluid around the baby?if its normal then this ultrasound becums doubtful...
Any ways , in either case U shud consult an expert in fetal medicine-

4 years ago

Post Owner

The fluid is normal , I have got this ultrasound done from main agha Khan fetal medicine unit and as per their observation it's bilateral pug obstruction.

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Rubab Ali

Dr. Rubab Ali - Gynecologist

MBBS, MRCOG, Fellowships in Maternal Medicine, Early Pregnancy And Acute Gynaecology | Lahore

review-stars

115 Positive Reviews

Usually nothing needs to be done during pregnancy,however baby will need close follow up ,and treatment will depend on the severity of hydronephrosis and condition of kidneys.Prognosis again depends on the severity of the condition.Best to see your fetal medicine consultant at AKU and have a chat with them.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories