Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Prolonged Bleeding

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 22 years old, Lahore

Hello doctor, I’m 22 years old (unmarried) and have irregular periods. About 4 months ago due to prolonged bleeding, I was prescribed a birth-control pill (I unfortunately don’t remember the name) along with PCOS supplements, which I took for 4 months. My thyroid reports were normal but doctor said that my androgen levels were elevated causing manly hair growth, weight gain, hoarse voice and excessive hair loss. My first two cycles after that were normal, but during the third and fourth cycles I was only spotting. My most recent cycle started with spotting, then became a proper period, followed by 2–3 days of spotting, and then started bleeding properly again. I have now been bleeding/spotting intermittently for almost a month. Currently, the bleeding is normal (around one/two filled pad per day), and I notice clots, but I have no dizziness, weakness, shortness of breath, or significant pain. I’m around 100 kg and 5’8”, and I’m currently trying to lose weight through diet. I would really appreciate advice on what could be causing this prolonged bleeding and what tests or treatment I may need.

Attach Photo here: