Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Trying To Conceive

person-avatar

Asking for Wife, Female, 27 years old, Karachi

Had an early MC at week 5 in Feb followed by 2 cycles of abstinence. Since then TTC for 6 months but in vain.

Consulted 2 gynaecologist and both said everything is fine at both male and female end. Semen report is normal. They just did ultrasound and checked physically. Prescribed multivitamins and folic acid. Why drs do not bother to look beyond just ultrasound? Why wait for year to do other tests? What if the tubes are blocked? What if there is any harmonal issue that needs testing? Is ultrasound and physical examination enuf for drs to conclude that everything is ok and its just the matter of time? Why someone has to wait for complete year and then look for issues? Both drs we consulted are highly experienced.

Please tell me what makes them reluctant to rule out any issue sooner rather than later. I understand it's normal for couples to take a year or more to conceive but there is nothing wrong to rule out if there is any underlying issue that is preventing conception. My w

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Sara Munir

Dr. Sara Munir - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

73 Positive Reviews

dear u can discuss with your gynaecologist your concerns
u can have all the test done ....no harm in it
best of luck

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Monica

Dr. Monica - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gynecology/ Obstetrics) | Karachi

review-stars

45 Positive Reviews

Hi ,for this issue detailed complete history of couple required,along with other investigations to rule out cause..I usually investigate couple if they want to be investigated earlier despite of counceling and reassurance...but all depends on their history.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Bushra Zahid

Dr. Bushra Zahid - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY) | Lahore

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

Assalam o alikum. you can discuss with your gynaecologist regarding your queries
no problem to be investigated and supportive treatment.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Parveen Zain

Dr. Parveen Zain - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynecology | Lahore

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

Thanks conception is from Allaha when ever he wants Allaha says K UN if everything is fine then just pray don’t worry how ever there is no harm to check tubal patency nd ovulation on day 12 provided the period is regular best wishes

Member of Marham-Forum

Periods are regular. 28 days cycle.
We also test ovulation through LH strip. It gives us positive on day 11 or 12 of cycle. Drs did not notice any abnormality in ultrasounds. What makes drs suspicious about blocked tubes? Are they able to see it in ultrasound? Upon physical examination and discussion drs did not notice any harmonal or thyroid issue. Semen values came normal too. My question still stands the same. Do patients have to request dr to get detailed investigation done? Some senior drs mind it as they feel patient is trying to be over smart. Why they waste an year or so to investigate?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories