Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Infectious Diseases on Hiv Test For Diagnosing It ..

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 25, karachi

dear dr one of my house mate has been found hiv positive .. we are living bachelors .. one of our housemate is hiv positive .. the bad thing is that i had used his razor 8 mnths back .. yes it was a big mistake ... now i want to ask god forbid if i had contracted hiv from his razor antibodies would have formed into my blood because i had shaved with his razor 8 mnths back .. SO WHAT IS THE PROPER NAME OF THE LAB TEST THAT CHECk ANTIBODIES IN BLOOD ...IF IAM NOT MISTAKEN I HAVE TO TEST FOR 2 TYPES OF ANTIBODIES HIV 1 AND 2 ORRRRRR JUST 1

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Ariba Nasreen

Dr. Ariba Nasreen - General Practitioner

| MBBS | (DOW University of Health Sciences Karachi ) | Certified Family Medicine | (Ziauddin University Karachi) | Karachi

review-stars

35 Positive Reviews

HIV ELISA antibodies

| MBBS | (DOW University of Health Sciences Karachi ) | Certified Family Medicine | (Ziauddin University Karachi) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 35 Positive Reviews

if negative repeat after 3 months again to reconfirm.

1 year ago

Post Owner

ok dr bt some labs are testing one type of antibody while others are check two type of antibodies .. for whom should we go for

1 year ago

| MBBS | (DOW University of Health Sciences Karachi ) | Certified Family Medicine | (Ziauddin University Karachi) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 35 Positive Reviews

go for this one

1 year ago

Post Owner

ok madam

1 year ago

Post Owner

dr ariba i have attached my test please check it out ... is it conclusive .. i had asked them to perform antibody test but there is nt anything mentioned like type 1 and type 2 antibody .. can u guide me in this regard please ???

1 year ago

Member of Marham-Forum

dr ariba

Infectious Diseases in Karachi - Dr. Muhammad Hassan Sherani

Dr. Muhammad Hassan Sherani - Infectious Diseases

MBBS , FCPS (Infectious Diseases) | Karachi

review-stars

36 Positive Reviews

antibody and antigen test dear. if negative Then wait for at least 3 months to do repeat..

Post Owner

dr muhammad i have attached my report in the cument ...is it the antibody test .. because i asked thm to perform antibody test but now iam not able to understand the results ...

1 year ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories