Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Nephrologist on Nephrology

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 28 years old, doha

My mother is 58 years old lady. She is diabetic and hypertensive from last many years. Her latest urine and blood test result shows ACR ratio 13.4mg/mmol which is increased from 6.1mg/mmol from last year. Other than this her GFR>.60 and blood Creatinine is 0.6mg/dL. Her urine Microalbumin is 76.8mg/L I want to know are these symptoms showing her progress towards kidney disease . Regards,\ Amna Tariq

Nephrologist in Karachi - Dr. Mehdi Hussain

Dr. Mehdi Hussain - Nephrologist

MBBS, FCPS | Karachi

review-stars

296 Positive Reviews

her urine for microalbumin is slightly raised and does signify her progress towards kidney disease.

Member of Marham-Forum

is it dangerous ? She needs any treatment at this stage ?

Nephrologist in Rawalpindi - Prof. Dr. Syed Mohsin Naveed

Prof. Dr. Syed Mohsin Naveed - Nephrologist

FRCP (Glasgow, UK), FRCP (Ireland), MRCPS (Glasgow UK), MRCP (Ireland), FCPS (Nephrology), FCPS (Medicine), MBBS (Distinction Holder KMC) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

251 Positive Reviews

Many thanks. Diabetes if not controlled leads to diabetic kidney disease which reflects itself in several manifestation... Progressive Rise in ACR and PCR is one manifestation. Good diabetes ,BP ,lips control appropriate medicines,diet , discipline and exercise can control progression.
Regard
Prof. SYED MOHSIN NAVEED
FRCP IRE FRCP Glasgow
FCPS Nephew FCPS Med
MRCPS Glasgow MRCP Ire

Member of Marham-Forum

Thanks Sir. Kindly let me know please any other treatment is required other than Diabetic control and blood pressure control at this stage . Is this is the start of kidney disease ? If yes then which stage of kidney disease is this ? Treatment is required at this stage of kidney disease?
Regards,
Amna Tariq

Member of Marham-Forum

I got kidney infection 1.5 years ago. I was treat with IV antibiotics in Sheikh Zaid Lahore. Now currently my all tests i.e creatinine and urea are normal but I am still encountring back pain. I have had a lot of muscle relaxants recommended by different doctors but still got no result. The pain still persists. Whats should I do ?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories