Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Orthopedic

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 29 years old, Lahore

Hi I slipped from the last two steps of the staircase this morning n my foot twisted. It was really painful but the pain got better after I did icing n wrapped it. Now it has a lot of swelling but I can put weight on my foot. Although it's painful. I'm 6 weeks pregnant so I can't take any painkillers What do u suggest is it a sprain or a fracture ?

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Irfan Ahmad Chaudhary

Dr. Irfan Ahmad Chaudhary - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), Member AO Trauma (Switzerland) | Lahore

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

hello in such degree of injury, most likely its low ankle sprain but u need clinical examination. after that u may be given a specialized cast as a support
plz visit us in Johar town Lahore we will help you... or call us

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Latif Khan

Dr. Latif Khan - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic), Fellowship Spine Surgery (AO-Spine), Fellowship Spine Surgery (POA) | Lahore

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

Better do X-rays of ankle using lead shield to avoid harm to baby. Till then keep using ice packs and panadol for pain.

Member of Marham-Forum

we are an American pain clinic in dha y block. we can safely treat this without any pain killers with our latest technology especially if it's still in acute phase (less than 5 days). let us if we can help you. take care.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Sargodha - Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi

Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , MCPS (Surgery) , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Sargodha

review-stars

182 Positive Reviews

Hello. There may be a fracture but because of your pregnancy it is best to avoid an Xray. Take simple panadol and you can use a local gel like voren gel intermittently with icing of your foot. Keep the foot elevated on 2 pillows and if the pain does not settle in a few days, it is worthwhile to get a temporary plaster

Post Owner

The pain has become better and the swelling has reduced a bit. It's still hard to work properly but I can put weight on the foot. I'm not taking any painkillers

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Sargodha - Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi
Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , MCPS (Surgery) , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Sargodha | Book Appointment

review-stars 182 Positive Reviews

That’s fine. You can follow with the rest of the management including icing, elevation and rest and local application. Take panadol if u feel the pain is increasing. Any further help don’t hesitate to contact. Regards

4 years ago

Post Owner

Hi doctor,
My foot injury got better. The swelling and the pain reduced and I started to walk normally. But I could still feel slight pain while taking stairs.
Today was the 7 th day of recovery n I walked for 20-25mins straight and I noticed it started to swell n hurt again.
What should I do now? Should I wear the crepe bandage again?

4 years ago

Chiropractor in Islamabad - Agha Ebrahim Pt

Agha Ebrahim Pt - Chiropractor

Doctor of Chiropractor (USA) | Islamabad

review-stars

573 Positive Reviews

my advice is take maximum bed rest if you can attend a Chiropractor visit him ASAP

Member of Marham-Forum

Sounds like a sprain. Rest, icing/keeping your foot elevated, elastic support and Panadol if required for pain relief.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Iqbal Mirza

Look likly it is sprain..it will take 3weeks to heel .use ice . crepe bandage and long ankle shoes . take rest  avoid medicine

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

194 Positive Reviews

you should get an X-ray with protective shield on abdomen.
if there is even a small chance of fracture, you don't want to ignore it.
till then, rest, elevation, ice packs and some topical gel for pain control

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories