Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic on Posture Correction

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 23 years old, Lahore

Due to excessive use of laptop and bending while doing study my posture has gotten bad like in the picture. I want to use posture corrector belt for correcting the posture. I have seen 3 types of belt in pharmacy i want to ask whether i will use the belt. If i use then for how many days and which one to use (picture attached) if not then how will it be correct. Sometime upon remembering I correct my posture but mostly I forgot to do it. My weght is 53-55 kg and height is 5.1

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

195 Positive Reviews

no proven benefit of this.
you can use for a reminder for few weeks

General Physician in Peshawar - Dr. Asif Ali

These belts are just publicity stunts by the company. They dint work. For posture correction first you need to first rule out any bony spinal pathologies like scoliosis and kyphosis...once that is ruled out, mild posture correction can be achieved by strengthening or stretching various muscle groups connected to the spine. A physiotherapist can help with that.

Member of Marham-Forum

Agreed to the above mentioned posts..

Orthopedic Surgeon in Daska - Dr. Muhammad Mudassar

Dr. Muhammad Mudassar - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopaedic Surgery) | Daska

review-stars

42 Positive Reviews

No need for such support

Chiropractor in Rahim Yar Khan - Dr. Zafar Khan Khattak

Dr. Zafar Khan Khattak - Chiropractor

| MBBS | FCPS ( ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY ) | | Rahim Yar Khan

review-stars

37 Positive Reviews

Use 1/4 belt its verry comfortable It will be easier to get up, sit down and walk

Member of Marham-Forum

ASALAM-0-ALAIKUM. 1st get the xrays of whole spine AP and lateral views to check for any deformity like scoliosis or kyphosis. than get treatment accordingly.
without any reason if u use these sort of devices u will b in trouble in the end.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories