Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Speech Therapist on Speaking Reluctance

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 2 years old, Karachi

Aoa.my son is 2 n half years .he speak properly but now couple of days he is reluctant in speaking.matlab hakla k bol rha hai.is there anything to worry about???plz ans my query.TIA

Member of Marham-Forum

Kindly look into the issue what's happening with him why he's doing this suddenly. For more derailed evaluation kindly visit qualified and certified Speech and Language Pathologist.

Post Owner

Thank you all.Nothing happened at this time period.suddendly he started speaking like this,and no there is no family history.i will visit therapist.thank you once again

5 years ago

Speech Therapist in Islamabad - Dr. Amina Imran

Dr. Amina Imran - Speech Therapist

PhD Scholar, MSc (Behavioral Science), MS (Speech and Language Pathology & Therapy) | Islamabad

review-stars

68 Positive Reviews

walaikum assalam...can you point out any incidence during this time
is there stammering in your family
if there is no family history of stammering then at the age of 2 iam not much worried..it's could be simple disfluency and the child might over come it
I wil brief you some techniques to counter the disfluency
regards

Post Owner

No ma'm nothing happened.suddendly he started.now he stop speaking because he realise himself

5 years ago

Speech Therapist in Islamabad - Dr. Amina Imran
Dr. Amina Imran - Speech Therapist

PhD Scholar, MSc (Behavioral Science), MS (Speech and Language Pathology & Therapy) | Islamabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 68 Positive Reviews

do pay a visit for a thorough evaluation and home techniques for your child
regards

5 years ago

Speech Therapist in Lahore - Ms. Rabia Khalid

Ms. Rabia Khalid - Speech Therapist

MS (Speech Therapist), MSc (Human Development & Family Studies) | Lahore

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

Was, it might be a sign of stammering.... but for detailed answer kindly share detailed information is there any event happen during this time period?/ any other family member stammer? or kindly visit your nearest and qualified speech language pathologist/ therapist

Post Owner

No nothing happened and there is no family history.i visited the speech therapist she briefed me techniques but it didnt work.he now stop speaking

5 years ago

Speech Therapist in Lahore - Ms. Rabia Khalid
Ms. Rabia Khalid - Speech Therapist

MS (Speech Therapist), MSc (Human Development & Family Studies) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 20 Positive Reviews

go for a thorough evaluation of your child and continue with the said therapies they will obviously work In Sha Allah.

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Some changes in his surroundings need to be made, no therapy at this age. Most important thing, do not make him realise about his stammering.
For detail about tips regarding environment modification visit your neareast certified speech and language pathologist.

Post Owner

Thank you i visited.can you tell me about environment modification

5 years ago

Speech Therapist in Lahore - Rabia Azmat

Rabia Azmat - Speech Therapist

Bs (Speech & Language Pathology),Ms (Speech & Language Pathology) | Lahore

there is no need to worry if there is not obvious family history of same speech pattern. yes , For further guidance you can visit your nearest Speech therapist.

Post Owner

How can it overcome???because he stop speaking.

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Good evening I quick question I have 8 years old son who doesn't talk I did a lot of IBI Therapy for him here in Canada but still his speech is not improving here in Canada the doctor said that he have autism spectrum disorder I want to know if there is any treatment witch can help him in his speech I do give him omega 3 B-complex and B6 but I don't see any improvement please help me thank you

Speech Therapist in Multan - Ms Ayesha Bukhari

Ms Ayesha Bukhari - Speech Therapist

MS-SLP, PGD-SLT, Special Educator | Multan

review-stars

93 Positive Reviews

yes..you should because it can be more problematic for him and also for you, go for a speech therapy as soon as possible

Speech Therapist in Lahore - Maria Ishtiaq

Maria Ishtiaq - Speech Therapist

BS (Applied Psychology), MS (Speech & Language Therapy), MS (Clinical Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

233 Positive Reviews

might be this behavior adopted with other children, or inappropriate environmental factors like stressed etc

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories