Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Speech Therapist on Speech Stutter Problem

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 14 years old, Mianwali

AoA! My son is 14 years old and is suffering from a speech problem. He stutters frequently while speaking and he faces extreme difficulty in completing even simpler sentences. For his age this is very stressful to see him struggle . He was fine when he was born, although he started stuttering a little bit when he was approximately 5 years old. He was then fine for few years in between. However , this problem has emerged again now. Kindly recommend me that is it due to stress or there may be any other justification. Can it be treated with medicines.

Speech Therapist in Lahore - Maria Ishtiaq

Maria Ishtiaq - Speech Therapist

BS (Applied Psychology), MS (Speech & Language Therapy), MS (Clinical Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

233 Positive Reviews

ws...firstly I told u...speech nd language issues never fluent or regulate by medication 💊...these issues functional by intervention,and 90% stammering cause by psychological issues, so u should consult speech-therapist which also deals to behavior issues.

Member of Marham-Forum

First of all there's no medication for stuttering. It's useless if you are using any. As he's facing alot of issue for this kindly visit Speech and Language Pathologist for proper evaluation.
Ask him to speak slowly n take pauses in between. Reduce his stress factors if any in env or anywhere.

Member of Marham-Forum

Each person with stuttering has his own set of psychological patterns that interplay with his speech behavior to contribute towards the overall dysfluency of his speech. The whole dysfluency process gets reinforced with different emotional experiences over the years and consequently the situation worsens with age.
As far as the treatment is concerned, it cannot be treated with any sort of medication. It can only be treated by speech and language therapy sessions designed specifically for every individual patient as per his own stuttering profile.
I would suggest you to consult any speech and language therapist near you to get your son evaluated properly and you will be given an intervention plan accordingly.

Speech Therapist in Sahiwal - Sarah Majeed

Sarah Majeed - Speech Therapist

BS Psychology, PGD SLT/P, Masters in Special Education | Sahiwal

review-stars

18 Positive Reviews

W. A. S
When he was 5 you neglect it. If it treated that time it vanishes because it was NNF. Normal non fluency. Now it is converted in Stammering and only treatment is Speech and language therapy. No medication needed. Consult any speech therapist. Start proper therapy as soon as possible. I am here to help :)
Regards: Sarah Majeed
Special educator and speech therapist from sahiwal.

Homeopath in Rawalpindi - Dr. Asifa Khanum

Dr. Asifa Khanum - Homeopath

DHMS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

226 Positive Reviews

agr ap homeo medicine dain to is se bilkul theek ho jay ga inshallah sometime bachy stress se bhi theek nai bolty ap yakeen se appointment book kr lain

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Fatima Humayoun

Dr. Fatima Humayoun - Homeopath

BHMS | Lahore

review-stars

32 Positive Reviews

may be some underlying stress is involve
you should go him sessions with psycho therapist.

Speech Therapist in Karachi - Dr. Mr G M Faraz

Dr. Mr G M Faraz - Speech Therapist

DPT , Master of Science in Audiology & Speech Sciences | Karachi

review-stars

16 Positive Reviews

your child has simple problem of speech disorder known as stuttering. you may consult me via whatsapp online therapy session to enable me to diagnose his issue and to advice his treatment.

review-stars

16 Positive Reviews

your son problem ia easily treatable after problem evaluation.
plz get appointment

review-stars

16 Positive Reviews

This is simple issue of stuttering
no any psychological issue .can be easily treatable after proper evaluation

Member of Marham-Forum

after assessment I recommended for speech therapy session contact with Me for details contact with Me 042-32591427,

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories