Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Speech Therapist on Stammering/ Stuttering

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 22 years old, Multan

"A new study demonstrates that regional cerebral blood flow is reduced in the Broca's area -- the region in the frontal lobe of the brain linked to speech production -- in person who stutters. More severe stuttering is associated with even greater reductions in blood flow to this region" My story: I can't just search for or find a correct word according to the situation when speaking and sometimes writing or typing (though it sometimes gets better when typing and listening to music at once). If it is considered stammering or stuttering, is it possible that I might have the same issue mentioned above? If yes, what other symptoms might occur if I had the issue?

Speech Therapist in Lahore - Sana Asghar

Sana Asghar - Speech Therapist

BSc (hons) Speech & Language Pathology , Ms Speech & Language Pathology | Lahore

review-stars

99 Positive Reviews

you are quit confuse with google searching material and your problem ... it would best that if you consult for assessment .. because therapist need your speech sample too .. and history ..

Member of Marham-Forum

Restricted blood flow to the speech and language processing areas of brain can be a factor but it cannot be asserted that your speech problem is purely due to reduced blood flow to broca's/wernicke's area. It is a little more complex and multidimensional...you have other factors like your habitual speech pattern(rate of speech), learned responses and psychological aspects to it as well.. and the problem you are experiencing seems to be a word retrieval problem, which is a function related to posterior language loop. Stammering is a fluency disorder and the person with stammering usually knows what to say but fails to say it but ofcourse there are exceptions as well. Since we cannot diagnose you without assessing you properly, you will need to have a proper evaluation with a speech and language pathologist on all aspects.

Speech Therapist in Chichawatni - Hira Ahmad

Hira Ahmad - Speech Therapist

BSc (Hons) Speech & Language Pathology, MS (Speech & Language Pathology) | Chichawatni

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

you have to consult speech and language pathologist first. A detailed assessment is required then speech therapist can suggest do you really have stammering or Aphaisa .

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories