Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Cardiac Surgeon on Thoracic Surgery

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 42, Rawalpindi

Assalamu alaykum. My CT scan report showed a mass lesion in chest near heart area. CT scan report says it's probably thymoma or germ cell tumor. I consulted a board of thoracic surgeons but they had a difference of opinion. Some said its thymoma but senior most surgeon said very confidently that it's neither thymoma nor germ cell tumor rather its thyroid. I must mention here that I had thyroidectomy about 7 years ago. Thoracic surgeons advised few lab blood tests to check if it's cancer or not and AL hamdu lillaah alhamdulillah all results are within range. Kindly advise if it's thymoma or just thyroid. However board of thoracic surgeons was unanimously agreed upon immediate surgery whatever it is either thymoma or thyroid. They said that no biopsy will be done rather mass will be cut through chest thoracic surgery and sent to histopathology lab.

Cardiac Surgeon in Quetta - Dr. Iqbal Khan

Dr. Iqbal Khan - Cardiac Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (CARDIAC SURGERY), MRCS, MEBCTS | Quetta

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

Thanks for the consultation. In my opinion the mass should be removed surgically since it is already compressing the vital structures around it. Histopathology will determine further management if any. In conclusion surgical removal is the best option. Regards, Dr Iqbal Khan.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories