Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Acne

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 24, lahore

doctor prescribed me med for cystic acne capsule isonas. I'm unable to find that on medical store, i want to ask is there any other alternate to this medicine. Can't visit doctor again. please help.

Member of Marham-Forum

Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Brig Rtd Ajmal Rashid

Dr. Brig Rtd Ajmal Rashid - Dermatologist

MBBS, D Derm, MCPS, FCPS | Karachi

review-stars

81 Positive Reviews

There are many alternative brands available like Oratane, Isotop, Maxinoin etc. Actual drug is Isotretinoin. But please remember this drug is strictly to be used on advice and under supervision of a Dermatologist and that too after doing certain tests. Otherwise its use can be extremely harmful. Another thing it is never to be used in pregnancy. And should be used with much more care if a lady is married or even about to marry

Member of Marham-Forum

My humble advice to you. Don't take that or any other similar medicine. They are not to be taken by women in their child bearing age. It is strictly contra-indicated.
There are other medicines that can be prescribed for cystic acne, but they have to be taken for a prolonged period of time.
Regards

Post Owner

sir, can you please suggest other one any cream, gel, medicine whatever for that. as m about to get married and really worried about it.

3 years ago

I am extremely sorry that I cannot help you in this regard because I am located in Karachi. And I cannot prescribe you any meds without examining you.
You mentioned that you are getting married soon. Did you tell the other doctor that you were getting married soon ? And still he/she prescribed you that dangerous med ? I am genuinely surprised. I am sure that person is a quack.

Since I cannot prescribe you any medicine, but I can advise you certain things that if you follow might help reduce your acne.
* whenever you feel that your have had become wash if you very light face wash or soap. Do not use anti-acne face wash or the ones containing meds on it.
* Don't go in the kitchen to cook food or fry anything or to cook chapati.
* Don't use any sunscreens
* Lastly, try to relax. Over 90% of girls get numerous acne pimples as their wedding dates come closer.

Let me know which meds you have eaten and applied to your face in recent times.

If you had posted pics as well, I may have had some idea of the extent of acne that you have. I would have verified if you actually have cystic acne.
Regards

3 years ago

Post Owner

yes i told him that i'll be getting married within a month and he just told me that u should not plan any pregnancy while having this medicine. also asked me to take this med twice a day for a month. I'll also share you picture of that area which i've shared with him.

3 years ago

Post Owner

I've posted picture in above answer.

3 years ago

As I suspected this isn't cystic acne at all. You just have one or two, it cannot be graded.
You haven't taken any med orally not topically so I don't understand why are you worried now. You should have been worried several months or years earlier. You have numerous old acne scars on your face now. These will be there for life now.
I don't know what to prescribe you. This is highly unethical.
Apply Skinoren cream all over your face daily at night with two finger-tips and after that take another tiny amount of cream on one of your finger tip and gently massage on the pimple.

Follow other things that I mentioned in my earlier post.
Regards

3 years ago

Post Owner

i didn't take any medicine because i was thinking that it will fade away within time as others. I didn't have idea that this will be this type of acne 😔

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

this is the recent picture. m having this from 2-3 months tried nothing on it, neither even took any medicine till yet. It usually heals on it own but a dark spot remains there and swells again after some time on it own.

Post Owner

@Dr. obaidur Rehman please see.

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories