Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Acne, Confusion About A Medicine

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 27 years old, Lahore

I am 27 and unmarried. I had mild and sometimes severe acne problem from last 2,3 years. I visited a dermatologist in Lahore in October 2019. He prescribed me Arynoin capsule (it has Isotretinoin). I used it for almost two months.

Recently i came to know from one of the doctor in USA that Isotretinoin is extremely harmful for women and it causes complications in pregnancy. Moreover, it remains in our body system till 4,5 years of its usage.

The doctor asked me about my marriage before prescription. He said you have to visit me till 6,7 months. But now i have serious reservations. He should have told me openly about the side effects of Isotretinoin (if any)

Please guide me if this medicine is harmful with reference to pregnancy or such? And is there any serious problem since i have used it. Is it really harmful for foetus? Since I’ll be getting married anytime soon by the will of Allah , so I’m really worried and confused after knowing this.

What should i do now??

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Sommiya Anum

Dr. Sommiya Anum - Dermatologist

MBBS, FCPS (Dermatologist) | Lahore

review-stars

72 Positive Reviews

Visit the Dr again for advice
Stop oral Arynoin if marriage near
Dear you can use topical arynoin plus instead in V small quantities on your acne lesions
Do sunprotection

Dermatologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Aniqa Mahmood

Dr. Aniqa Mahmood - Dermatologist

MBBS , Diploma (Dermatology) | Faisalabad

review-stars

145 Positive Reviews

If you are getting married ask your consultant to tapper your isotretinoin... N after 2 months of stopping treatment u can concieve.

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

For complete acne treatment visit my clinic through marham and also i am making a cream for acne

Dermatologist in Islamabad - Dr. Afshan Sagheer

Dr. Afshan Sagheer - Dermatologist

MBBS, FCPS (Dermatology) | Islamabad

review-stars

54 Positive Reviews

aoa.
u dnt need to worried ..during taking isotretinoin and 2 months after leaving u should nt concieve..
if ur marriage is anytime soon u should stop this..consultant to start other options for acne if present..

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories