Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Chronic Dandruff

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 33 years old, Faisalabad

For as long as I can remember, having severe Dandruff, diagnosed as Seborrheic dermatitis. My scalp is greasy, hair are rough, difficult to manage. can't use mustard/olive oil, because it shines on forehead, and it make my head heavy and it causes sweating on head. In the past I have used, Betnovate lotion daily, Stieprox and Stieproxal shampoos. Currently using Conaz shampoo weekly. Not totally satisfied with it, although for 2/3 days scalp is dandruff free, but hair are rough. Any other treatment to have more manageable, silky-like and dandruff free scalp/hair. Also recommend best conditioner in my situation. (I haven't tried Selsun Blue). Expecting more answers from Female Dermatologists as they are naturally more into cosmetic/beauty. thanks

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Anita Kazi

Dr. Anita Kazi - Dermatologist

MBBS , Diploma In Dermatology | Karachi

review-stars

564 Positive Reviews

You need treatment and then maintenance for your condition. You can use salicylic based lotions for your scalp and shampoos that contain ketoconazole .
It is better to see a dermatologist in person so your condition is seen and medication is prescribed.
For a good conditioner you can use nisim hair mask ... apply on hair strands after shampoo.. leave for an hour then rinse.

Post Owner

thanks for quick response.
I'm already using Ketoconazole on weekly basis. I'll definitely try Nisim Hair Masque.
Kindly recommend salicylic based lotion and how often to apply it?
thanks again.

5 years ago

Post Owner

Is it Ok to use Betasalic lotion of ATCO lab which contains Betamethasone/Salicylic Acid?
How long should I use it?
thanks

5 years ago

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Naveed Ali

Dr. Naveed Ali - Dermatologist

MBBS, MCPS (Dermatology) | Karachi

review-stars

114 Positive Reviews

Dandruff is permanent problem, it can only be controlled not eradicated. You need to use combination of tar or anti fungal shampoos and topical steroids with salicylic acid . In most situations dandruff remains under control immaculate and regular applications of above mentioned products. Thanks. Dr Naveed Ali

Post Owner

thanks dr sahib for reply.
Currently using Ketoconazole shampoo weekly.
How often & How long should I use Betasalic lotion of ATCO lab which contains Betamethasone/Salicylic Acid? Since it contains steroid.

thanks again.

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Steroid based medicines should be used for short periods of time. Whenever your condition improves you should stop steroids and continue with only shampoos. Maximum fifteen days for betasalic lotion in one go.

Post Owner

Thanks

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories