Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Genital Skin Problem Or Balanitis.

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 20 years old, peshawar

Assalam-o-Alaikum Doctor. I need an online dermatology consultation for a skin problem on the glans (head) of my penis. I have had pink/red to slightly purple smooth patches there for about 6–8 months. Initially there was no pain or itching, but recently I have developed mild itching.

I previously used mustard oil, soap, shampoo and skincare lotions on the area, after which I noticed that the patches spread slightly. I have now stopped using these products. There is no severe pain, bleeding, pus or discharge.

I have attached clear photographs. An AI skin-analysis app (Skinive) reported 98% image similarity with lichen planus, but I understand this is not a confirmed diagnosis. Could you please review the photos and advise whether this could be lichen planus, balanitis, contact/irritant dermatitis, fungal infection, or another skin condition? Please also advise whether I need any tests or treatment and what I should avoid applying.

I am currently unable to attend a physical examination, so I would appreciate an online assessment based on my symptoms and photographs. Thank you.

Attach Photo here: