Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Hair Removal Creams

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 26, Sahiwal

I have heard horrendous things about Hair removal creams for private areas i.e. it's cancerous, causes skin burning, skin darkening etc etc.

Wanted professional advice on it's use for pubes. I've been using it since forever but stopped using recently and felt like it caused darkening. Started shaving but it gave me problems of ingrown hair.

Please advice. JazkAllah.

General Physician in Islamabad - Dr. Anam Sattar

Dr. Anam Sattar - General Physician

| MBBS | MSc in nutrition and community health . | Islamabad

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

Hey , try to book an appointment via marham so we can take history and examine .Regards

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Sommiya Anum

Dr. Sommiya Anum - Dermatologist

MBBS, FCPS (Dermatologist) | Lahore

review-stars

72 Positive Reviews

Dear Laser hair removal is safest, painless and quote effective and NO cancerous etc Alhumdulilah
For Darkening other therapies like skin color lightening peels & formulations are quite effective
Visit Skin Perfection Laser Center for Best treatment

Member of Marham-Forum

If you are allergic to that particular brand of hair removal cream then the outcome may be horrendous, but it not there is no problem. However as you pointed out, the cream may cause dark pigmentary changes.

The best option without having any adverse effects is that you have laser treatment done or IPL in any areas of the body without having any problems. Just make sure the operator of the machine is a a qualified person.

Regards

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories