Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Hand Eczema

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 30 years old, Lahore

I usually have hand eczema two or three times a year. I have started to notice that it happens when I cut tomatoes, onion & lemon as salad to eat with rice and don't wash hands soon. I usually cut these foods myself.

Is there any link between hand eczema & cutting of above foods?

thanks in advance.

Dermatologist in Peshawar - Dr. Kashif Ali

Dr. Kashif Ali - Dermatologist

MBBS, MSc Aesthetic Dermatology (Lon), MRCGP(CCT) UK, DDerm UK, MBCAM, DFSRH, DRCOG, MCFP, AAAMS | Peshawar

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

Yes this is contact dermatitis. This can happen because of allergens getting in contact with your skin. Best is to avoid them by using gloves. Alternatively you can use antihistamine like xyzal tables 5mgs once daily or using topical steroids on hands. There is another medication that you can use on your hands to suppress the response to allergens as well, perhaps 2-3 times a week.

Post Owner

thanks Dr Kashif for response. I've used a lot Xyzal & Effigenta Ointment and similar drugs in the past years.
I usually tend to avoid medicines as long as it is possible. I think it would be better to use gloves while cutting vegetables.
thanks again.

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

This can happen because of allergens getting in contact with your skin. Best is to avoid them by using gloves.Also visit we will check condition of your skin and advise you medicine accordingly.

Post Owner

thanks Dr Zarqa.

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories