Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Is Vitamin C Tablets Causing Acne?

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 26, Rawalpindi

dentist suggested me to increase my Vitamin C in take for bleeding gums and I bought these from pharmacy. I have been taking since three days and suddenly pimples started appearing on my face. near eyebrow, cheek and on chin. is there any connection between these two like any side effect of these tablets? moreover, I did not use any thing new with my skin or any treatment. my diet was regular like before without any junks or oily food. the pimple in picture as you see is having pus and a black dot on it.

Dermatologist in Mianwali - Dr. Arshad Mehmood

Dr. Arshad Mehmood - Dermatologist

MBBS, Dip-Derm | Mianwali

review-stars

83 Positive Reviews

It is safe generally but if you are having problems with this formulation you may use Tab. Redoxin or Tab. Cecon 500 mg od as alternate for Vit. C. Regards

Member of Marham-Forum

Vitamin C doesn’t cause acne.

Member of Marham-Forum

It's not known for vit C or Ca causing the rash on face. Maybe it's the stress that had nothing on your rash.
Secondly if you are not dieting and eating fruits and veggies you are not deficient of vit C. The dental surgeon has to look for some other reasons causing bleeding gums.
Regards

Member of Marham-Forum

Noup....not vit C! ideally book online appointment via Marham so can discuss your current issue. regards

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Zahid Shahzad

Dr. Zahid Shahzad - Dermatologist

MD, Diploma in Dermatology | Lahore

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

Nothing like that can happen with oral vitamin c. Pls take an appointment for proper treatment

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories