Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Makeup Acne

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 26 years old, Faisalabad

Age 26 Acne started 25 No previous acne history Last year I got swear acne by using some makeup products. I get treatment for that. Doc gave me clindamax to apply in acne. It was ok then. Now whenever I used to apply makeup. Very next day pimple appeared. I have combination acne prone skin. Kindly suggest me which type of makeup should I used. I have heard that mineral based makeup is saved but didn't try yet. I want to know which type of makeup should I use so my face will be safe from acne. Secondly I want to ask should I used clindamax on pimples occur occasionally??

Member of Marham-Forum

sorry for delay.
use water based cosmetics
regular cleansing
try Acsolve gel at night.
keep your skin free

Dermatologist in Hyderabad - Dr. Rauf Haroon Memon

Dr. Rauf Haroon Memon - Dermatologist

| MBBS | DFHC | D.Derm | ESCAD Certified (France) | | Hyderabad

review-stars

94 Positive Reviews

Good use of Moisturizer is help to calm down sensitive skin.. Use cosmetics having aqua base.. and should be branded.. you can use clindamycin gel on acnes which are occasionally appeard along with good facial cleanser.

| MBBS | DFHC | D.Derm | ESCAD Certified (France) | | Hyderabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 94 Positive Reviews

helpful*

4 years ago

Post Owner

Thnku so mch doc.
I really want to know if it is written oil free/ matte. Does it water based or suitable for my skin type?.
Currently using
Body shop tea tree face wash
Radiant ultra sebum control sunblock(mineral and foundation based)
Nutrogena water gel moisturizer( recently start using as previous moisturizer was oily)
Garnier oil free bb cream
Maybelline matte pore less foundation.
Sorry for long post. Kindly tell if something is not suitable for my skin type.

4 years ago

| MBBS | DFHC | D.Derm | ESCAD Certified (France) | | Hyderabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 94 Positive Reviews

Dear patient it is highly advisible for you having sensitive and acne prone skin to use only Medicated Moisturizers, Sunblocks, and brightening agents.

4 years ago

Post Owner

Ok thnks alot doc

4 years ago

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Faryal Athar

Dr. Faryal Athar - Dermatologist

MBBS, Diploma In Dermatology | Lahore

review-stars

49 Positive Reviews

Firstly all make up is comedogenic i-e causes acne white and black heads.
Secondly clindamax is antibiotic and should be used for limited time as its prolonged and frequent use can cause more acne. There are formulation for acne prolonged use.

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for asking question. It’s better to come to clinic so that your skin can be examined and proper treatment can be prescribed.

Member of Marham-Forum

Hello and welcome to marham.pk. I gather that you are having acne issue for the past 1 year and it's related to cosmetic use. In that case any oil based tonner or base will case your acne to relapse or flare. It would be preferable if you avoid all oil based products. Applying a sunblock first and using that as a base is best. Also just simple use of clindamax alone is not recommended for acne. hope this clears your query.
thanks and regards

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories