Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Melasma(dark Spots On Skin,cheeks And Nose)

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 20 years old, Skardu (gilgit Baltistan)

I have melasma since almost 2years I have tried different medications but still its not working,what should I do now?

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Saleha Zeeshan

Dr. Saleha Zeeshan - Dermatologist

MBBS , Certificate In Aesthetic Medicine , Membership in the American Board of Aesthetic Medicine | Lahore

review-stars

56 Positive Reviews

melasma cann be due to many causes. you take appointment from a dermatologist for proper history so that treatment can be effective.

Member of Marham-Forum

Melasma is due to the hormones in the blood and exposure to UV light especially UV-A. For unknown reasons some women and men too get these dark brown patches on their face and nothing stops that. Since it's not advised to interfere with the hormones because of the adverse effects, therefore treatment is more focused towards blocking the UV light. Since you live in a hilly area, you are more exposed to the UV light. There are no creams to effectively affect the melasma. In my opinion you must cover your face with a dark colored and slightly thick scarf or dopatta during sunlight hours when out of the building.
Secondly avoid exposure to tube light and energy savers bulbs and spot light. LED bulbs are ok.

Get hold of sunscreens that not only blocks UVB and UVA but also Infra-red also. I know only of a brand name Heliocare.

Treatment that has any promising effect is Plasma Fibroblasting. But for that you will have to travel to Karachi.

Regards

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Zahid Shahzad

Dr. Zahid Shahzad - Dermatologist

MD, Diploma in Dermatology | Lahore

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

Pls stop experiments and home remedies and take an appointment for proper treatment

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Naila Tabassum

Dr. Naila Tabassum - Dermatologist

MBBS, FCPS Dermatology | Lahore

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

If you are facing problem for last 2 yrs, then better to visit a dermatologist for detailed assessment and treatment history

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories