Book Video Consultation
Stay Home
No Waiting in lines
Audio/Video Call
PMC Verified Doctors
Asking for Self, Female, 20 years old, Karachi
Assalamualaikum Age 20 I became pregnant in January, and I found out about my pregnancy when I was around 6 weeks pregnant. About two weeks after finding out, I started experiencing severe itching on my hands, arms, legs, and feet. My doctor advised me to get an LFT (Liver Function Test), but the results were normal. The doctor prescribed Telefast tablets, but they did not make much difference, so I stopped taking them.
Unfortunately, on 21 June, I had an intrauterine fetal death (IUD) at 22 weeks of pregnancy. I was induced and had a normal vaginal delivery. However, the itching/allergy did not go away after delivery. It has now been almost 3 months, and I am still experiencing persistent itching.
Whenever I scratch, red marks appear on my skin, but they gradually disappear on their own after a few hours. The itching is mainly on my arms, legs, hands, and feet.
I have also recently started developing painful pus-filled pimples on my face. They sometimes bleed when the pus comes out, and I get around 1–2 new pimples every 4–5 days. They gradually improve on their own.
In addition, I have been experiencing burning and itching on the front part of my scalp for several days. I do not currently have a hair-fall problem, but the burning and itching on my scalp are quite uncomfortable.
I would like to consult a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment. Before my appointment, I wanted to ask whether there are any blood tests or other investigations that I should have done so that I can take the results with me and start appropriate treatment after the consultation.
Could you please suggest which tests would be useful in my case, considering that my LFT and TSH was previously normal and the itching started during pregnancy and has continued even after delivery?
Thank you.
Book appointment
529 Positive Reviews