Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Recurring Acne

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female, 23 Years old, Islamabad

I’ve had acne for over 1 year now. The bigger pimples have always been very painful. I’ve completed 2 courses of Adoxa, the first time it worked along with Fucicort and Xelite but the second course did nothing for me. Problem areas: Cheeks-Chin-Around the lips- Jaw.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you.

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Alvina Sherdil

Dr. Alvina Sherdil - Dermatologist

MBBS, D-Derm (Dow), Diploma from iClass Anatomy (Paris), Certified in face aesthetics (uk) | Karachi

review-stars

58 Positive Reviews

Dear pt it can be treated ill ask some history regarding to it.

Post Owner

Hello doctor, thank you for your response. All through my teenage I had a clear skin and it had never gotten to this condition. My menstrual cycle is also completely normal. Other than that the only medication i take is an anti-allergy (Jardin-D) for asthma/flu.

3 years ago

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Alvina Sherdil
Dr. Alvina Sherdil - Dermatologist

MBBS, D-Derm (Dow), Diploma from iClass Anatomy (Paris), Certified in face aesthetics (uk) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 58 Positive Reviews

It will be okay dont worry for treatment you can contact via marham

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear pt, Its sad to seee humans having acne and suffer in this day & age. There proper simple treatment to it and bit Eradicate this issue. As to sort Acne is soon simple but the after effects of Pigmentation & scarring mutilates the face. Sad that in 2020 ppl give 1960 medications and let a human face scar! you need to book an appointment or online appointment so we can discuss in detail and explain how things will be dealt and wht improvement you will get and how to deal with this scarring as well along with few blood tests. Don't worry you shouldn't suffer from it any further but you need to be serious abt your treatment. Inshallah it will be eradicated:) Regards

sad that in twenty twenty they are giving nineteen sixtees medications *

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Aslamoalikum, there are many options, for example, acne masks few weeks course, needling and rolling and other supportive treatment. it's quite understand able that it's irritating and negative impact on human psychy as well.Get an appointment and go for proper treatment with patience.Thanks.

Member of Marham-Forum

Please try to understand that acne is primarily because of the hormones in the blood. No one can change that. If anyone try to change the hormones the patient has to bear the consequences throughout his/her life. Stress in life and certain food in very small number of people may affect acne.

For it's treatment the meds that are used have to be applied for a long time just because there is always a tendency to get acne. It is very important for you to understand there are very good medicines that works very well in acne in most people but there is a group of oral medicine that is strictly contraindicated in women of child bearing age.

My advice to you to seek help from an experienced and qualified Dermatologist near you. I really don't know if you have one in your area.

Regards

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Saleha Zeeshan

Dr. Saleha Zeeshan - Dermatologist

MBBS , Certificate In Aesthetic Medicine , Membership in the American Board of Aesthetic Medicine | Lahore

review-stars

56 Positive Reviews

acne is almost always caused by hormones. it cannot be treated, can only be controlled. you should get appointment with a dermatologist in your area for proper history and management.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories