Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Red Bumps, Puss Filled Pimples

person-avatar

Acne Problem, Bhakkar, Punjab

Assalamualaikum, Doctor.

I've been suffering from acne for over 2 years. Initially, I had significant acne on my cheeks, but it has improved considerably with treatment.

I previously took doxycycline, which helped a lot, but my acne returned after I stopped taking it.

I've been using adapalene 0.1% gel every other night consistently for around 3–4 months. Despite this, I still get around 3–5 new red, pus-filled pimples per week, mainly on my cheeks. I also have some blackheads, whiteheads, dark spots, and uneven skin tone.

I've previously tried benzoyl peroxide, but it caused irritation and itching. I also experienced irritation with azelaic acid.

I'd like your advice on how to control my recurring acne and prevent new pimples and marks. Should I continue adapalene, switch to tretinoin, or consider another treatment?

Thank you.

Dermatologist in Islamabad - Dr. Khalid Aslam

Dr. Khalid Aslam - Dermatologist

MBBS, Dip. Dermatology (Thailand), Dip. Dermatology (Pakistan), Fellow Laser Dermatosurgey (Thailand) | Islamabad

review-stars

529 Positive Reviews

Book appointment


0

0

Dermatologist in Multan - Dr. Umaima Tariq

Physical evaluation needed for further plan of treatment.Dont start tretinoin without consulting with a dermatologist first


0

0

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Amina Saeed

Dr. Amina Saeed - Dermatologist

MBBS, Professional Diploma in Dermatology | Lahore

WS, active ingredients to tend to irritate the skin . Try using benzoyl peroxide in a face wash . Let it sit on the face for a few minutes before washing it off. Using a broad spectrum non comedogenic moisturizer / sunblock will help. At night continue to apply adapalene ( pea size ) on entire acne prone area, not a blob on each pimple . If irritation continues , better to book a consultation .


0

0

Attach Photo here: