Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Ringworm On Thigh

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 33 years old, Karachi

I caught ringworm on outer side of my thigh. Initially I ignored, didnt know its ringworm and was applying polyfex and as I work, so I take shower twice a day. It got increased in size. I read over about it, so I started keeping it away from water, it started drying. Now, it does itch when its too dry, i only wipe it with detol and keep it open till it dries. I am confused, would it be fine this way? Or I am doing something wrong? I am not using any ointment now and can see it getting dry and peels off the upper layer while cleaning it with detol. Please guide.

Dermatologist in Peshawar - Dr. Kashif Ali

Dr. Kashif Ali - Dermatologist

MBBS, MSc Aesthetic Dermatology (Lon), MRCGP(CCT) UK, DDerm UK, MBCAM, DFSRH, DRCOG, MCFP, AAAMS | Peshawar

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

Hi, who diagnosed the rash as Ringworm? Please share some photos. Is this a single lesion or are there more? How long have you had it? Why haven’t you seen a dermatologist yet?

Post Owner

It looked like a ringworm, as it started as a ring...i shared a picture if it is visible to you, not sure. I am a working person my schedule is really packed was able to see a dermatologist, as my own dermatologist has moved to saudia i recently found...and yes, its only on thigh nowhere esle. As I am really careful about the clothing contact to the site of patch. Please guide, its really inconvinient in my long day functioning.

4 years ago

Dermatologist in Peshawar - Dr. Kashif Ali
Dr. Kashif Ali - Dermatologist

MBBS, MSc Aesthetic Dermatology (Lon), MRCGP(CCT) UK, DDerm UK, MBCAM, DFSRH, DRCOG, MCFP, AAAMS | Peshawar | Book Appointment

review-stars 29 Positive Reviews

Sorry still not able to see a photo. You can book online consultation with us or share a photo directly to our clinic number.

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Worried Pt,
I hope you are well................
i wouldn't have suggested poly-fax........... using Detol is a NO NO
You need to show so we can examine and diagnose it with out letting you experiment any further.
Our times are quite reachable so show as per your convenience

Regards

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Farhan Mir Shaikh

Dr. Farhan Mir Shaikh - Dermatologist

MBBS, FCPS (Dermatology) | Karachi

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

With available information you can use topical terbinafine cream twice daily and an antiallergic. However it is important to see nearby dermatologist for proper management

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories