Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Severe Dandruff

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 25 years old, Lahore

Hi doctor, I am having dandruff problem from last 5 years but it has become severe now.I have tried everything like natural remedies and doctor prescriptions but no avail. Now dandruff has increased and spread over beard, chest and legs.Plzzz guide me i am very very worried. Thanks

Member of Marham-Forum

Dandruff is a type of eczema called Seborrhoeic dermatitis. It can only be controlled not cured. Use Steroid lotions like Provate S lotion at night and use some anti dandruff shampoo like Climbazam shampoo on alternate days.

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Aamir Chippa

Dr. Aamir Chippa - Dermatologist

MBBS, DDCD | Karachi

review-stars

330 Positive Reviews

thanks for query. Upload pic for evaluation.

Dermatologist in Peshawar - Dr. Kashif Ali

Dr. Kashif Ali - Dermatologist

MBBS, MSc Aesthetic Dermatology (Lon), MRCGP(CCT) UK, DDerm UK, MBCAM, DFSRH, DRCOG, MCFP, AAAMS | Peshawar

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

Your condition is likely sebhorric dermatitis which usually travels down from scalp to face neck and chest.
Your best option is to try tar based shampoo along with ketoconazole shampoo.
I would recommend something like Ketowin lotion/shampoo apply it on scalp face and chest. Leave it for 10-15 mins and then wash. Use it for 10-14 days and then switch over to twice weekly use.
If there is itching and redness of skin use betnovate lotion once daily for up to 5 days. That should clear up the irritation.

Member of Marham-Forum

doc i have many small moles on my face what should i do to remove them

Member of Marham-Forum

I have Been facing dandruff and hair fall problems since 3,4 years. I have done medications from skin doc which he prescribed me a roxvita tab. And hivate drops (steroid) and Bioone shampoo which for time being it reduced my hair fall. But they after 3 months, the same hair fall and dandruff problem started again. What should I do now to get tiff of hair fall problem.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories